Oct 1, 2010, 4:02 PM EDT
So I guess Jon Heyman was just jumping the gun this morning: Andy Martino of the Daily News says that “multiple sources say Manuel and Minaya have been told nothing about their status,” and he insists that they will not be fired until at least Sunday.
Why anyone is trying to scoop anyone else on this story is rather baffling. The first rule of news is that no one cares about dog-bites-man stories, right? Find me the person reporting that Minaya and Manuel got contract extensions. THAT’S something I’ll break out the “BREAKING” tag for.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)