Forget it: Omar and Jerry are still alive

Oct 1, 2010, 4:02 PM EDT

So I guess Jon Heyman was just jumping the gun this morning: Andy Martino of the Daily News says that “multiple sources say Manuel and Minaya have been told nothing about their status,” and he insists that they will not be fired until at least Sunday.

Why anyone is trying to scoop anyone else on this story is rather baffling. The first rule of news is that no one cares about dog-bites-man stories, right? Find me the person reporting that Minaya and Manuel got contract extensions. THAT’S something I’ll break out the “BREAKING” tag for.

1. Jonny5 - Oct 1, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Heyman is such a dikk tease. I think he enjoys toying with Mets fans myself. As if they haven’t been tortured enough lately he does stuff like this. Yes, even I, a Phillies fan, have seen enough Mets fan abuse for the day. I must now leave to drown my sympathy for them in Harp lager and stuff. Have a good weekend. And may the playoffs begin.

2. HomeHalfwayDotNet - Oct 1, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Go back to being a Boras mouthpiece, Jon.

3. Mr. Heyward - Oct 1, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Damn you eastern time zoners! One more hour….

4. Gobias Industries - Oct 1, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Find me the person reporting that Minaya and Manuel got contract extensions? That’s something I’ll break out my gun for.

5. okobojicat - Oct 1, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Anyone else read this headline and think “who was the Omar character on Seinfeld?”

6. I Hear The Double Standard Everyday - Oct 1, 2010 at 5:21 PM

@Jonny5 – Uh, by Yortured enough lately you must mean the almost 50 yrs of this franchise’s existence right? Oh and the wtf is a dick tease. I’m pretty sure you mean c#%k tease.

7. YANKEES1996 - Oct 1, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Heyman is a complete loser, however hold stedfast to your hopes Mets fans I actually believe it is going to happen this year. My brother doesn’t think so however.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3223)