Oct 1, 2010, 4:02 PM EST
So I guess Jon Heyman was just jumping the gun this morning: Andy Martino of the Daily News says that “multiple sources say Manuel and Minaya have been told nothing about their status,” and he insists that they will not be fired until at least Sunday.
Why anyone is trying to scoop anyone else on this story is rather baffling. The first rule of news is that no one cares about dog-bites-man stories, right? Find me the person reporting that Minaya and Manuel got contract extensions. THAT’S something I’ll break out the “BREAKING” tag for.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 169
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (169)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)