Oct 1, 2010, 4:02 PM EDT
So I guess Jon Heyman was just jumping the gun this morning: Andy Martino of the Daily News says that “multiple sources say Manuel and Minaya have been told nothing about their status,” and he insists that they will not be fired until at least Sunday.
Why anyone is trying to scoop anyone else on this story is rather baffling. The first rule of news is that no one cares about dog-bites-man stories, right? Find me the person reporting that Minaya and Manuel got contract extensions. THAT’S something I’ll break out the “BREAKING” tag for.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 0
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)