Oct 1, 2010, 4:02 PM EDT
So I guess Jon Heyman was just jumping the gun this morning: Andy Martino of the Daily News says that “multiple sources say Manuel and Minaya have been told nothing about their status,” and he insists that they will not be fired until at least Sunday.
Why anyone is trying to scoop anyone else on this story is rather baffling. The first rule of news is that no one cares about dog-bites-man stories, right? Find me the person reporting that Minaya and Manuel got contract extensions. THAT’S something I’ll break out the “BREAKING” tag for.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 20
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 65
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)