Oct 1, 2010, 4:02 PM EDT
So I guess Jon Heyman was just jumping the gun this morning: Andy Martino of the Daily News says that “multiple sources say Manuel and Minaya have been told nothing about their status,” and he insists that they will not be fired until at least Sunday.
Why anyone is trying to scoop anyone else on this story is rather baffling. The first rule of news is that no one cares about dog-bites-man stories, right? Find me the person reporting that Minaya and Manuel got contract extensions. THAT’S something I’ll break out the “BREAKING” tag for.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)