Oct 1, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Rosenthal reports that Jerry Dipoto will remain
with the Diamondbacks as the head of scouting and player development. This is an about-face from a week ago when, after Dipoto was bypassed for the Snakes’ GM job in favor of Kevin Towers, it was assumed he’d leave the organization.
Hard to say what kind of shot Dipoto would have had to land any other GM jobs. He has made a couple of nice moves while filling in for the departed Josh Byrnes, but he doesn’t have the thickest resume either. It’s possible that serving under Towers for a couple of years — especially a couple of years in which the on-the-field prospects of the Dbacks are almost certain to improve — will burnish his credentials and better position him for a top job.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)