Oct 1, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Rosenthal reports that Jerry Dipoto will remain
with the Diamondbacks as the head of scouting and player development. This is an about-face from a week ago when, after Dipoto was bypassed for the Snakes’ GM job in favor of Kevin Towers, it was assumed he’d leave the organization.
Hard to say what kind of shot Dipoto would have had to land any other GM jobs. He has made a couple of nice moves while filling in for the departed Josh Byrnes, but he doesn’t have the thickest resume either. It’s possible that serving under Towers for a couple of years — especially a couple of years in which the on-the-field prospects of the Dbacks are almost certain to improve — will burnish his credentials and better position him for a top job.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)