Oct 1, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Rosenthal reports that Jerry Dipoto will remain
with the Diamondbacks as the head of scouting and player development. This is an about-face from a week ago when, after Dipoto was bypassed for the Snakes’ GM job in favor of Kevin Towers, it was assumed he’d leave the organization.
Hard to say what kind of shot Dipoto would have had to land any other GM jobs. He has made a couple of nice moves while filling in for the departed Josh Byrnes, but he doesn’t have the thickest resume either. It’s possible that serving under Towers for a couple of years — especially a couple of years in which the on-the-field prospects of the Dbacks are almost certain to improve — will burnish his credentials and better position him for a top job.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 35
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 16
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29