Oct 1, 2010, 5:29 PM EDT
We’ve heard this for the past couple of days, but now it’s confirmed: Josh Hamilton is back in the Rangers’ lineup for tonight’s game.
The somewhat surprising caveat: he’s not DHing. He’s playing center field. Given that his biggest issue these past few weeks has been stiffness when he tries to throw, this should probably be taken as a good sign. Or at least a sign that the Rangers just want to see if he can hack it through what is still likely a decent amount of pain.
And you thought there were only two or three games with playoff implications tonight.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 41
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 77
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)