Oct 1, 2010, 5:29 PM EDT
We’ve heard this for the past couple of days, but now it’s confirmed: Josh Hamilton is back in the Rangers’ lineup for tonight’s game.
The somewhat surprising caveat: he’s not DHing. He’s playing center field. Given that his biggest issue these past few weeks has been stiffness when he tries to throw, this should probably be taken as a good sign. Or at least a sign that the Rangers just want to see if he can hack it through what is still likely a decent amount of pain.
And you thought there were only two or three games with playoff implications tonight.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 42
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)