Oct 1, 2010, 5:29 PM EDT
We’ve heard this for the past couple of days, but now it’s confirmed: Josh Hamilton is back in the Rangers’ lineup for tonight’s game.
The somewhat surprising caveat: he’s not DHing. He’s playing center field. Given that his biggest issue these past few weeks has been stiffness when he tries to throw, this should probably be taken as a good sign. Or at least a sign that the Rangers just want to see if he can hack it through what is still likely a decent amount of pain.
And you thought there were only two or three games with playoff implications tonight.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 6
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)