Oct 1, 2010, 5:29 PM EDT
We’ve heard this for the past couple of days, but now it’s confirmed: Josh Hamilton is back in the Rangers’ lineup for tonight’s game.
The somewhat surprising caveat: he’s not DHing. He’s playing center field. Given that his biggest issue these past few weeks has been stiffness when he tries to throw, this should probably be taken as a good sign. Or at least a sign that the Rangers just want to see if he can hack it through what is still likely a decent amount of pain.
And you thought there were only two or three games with playoff implications tonight.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 53
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 45
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 82
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (237)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)