Oct 1, 2010, 5:29 PM EDT
We’ve heard this for the past couple of days, but now it’s confirmed: Josh Hamilton is back in the Rangers’ lineup for tonight’s game.
The somewhat surprising caveat: he’s not DHing. He’s playing center field. Given that his biggest issue these past few weeks has been stiffness when he tries to throw, this should probably be taken as a good sign. Or at least a sign that the Rangers just want to see if he can hack it through what is still likely a decent amount of pain.
And you thought there were only two or three games with playoff implications tonight.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 3
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 196
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (196)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)