Oct 1, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Rays manager Joe Maddon said there’s a chance David Price will start Saturday against the Royals.
I would presume that such a start would be more akin to a regular between-starts throwing session for Price, what with him almost certainly being the Game 1 starter in the ALDS on Wednesday. Give him, what, 45-50 pitches? I mean, Maddon really wouldn’t expect him to come back on three days rest for the first start of a playoff game, would he?
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro’s agent denies his client’s involvement in Dominican Republic shooting 27
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (244)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)