Oct 1, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Rays manager Joe Maddon said there’s a chance David Price will start Saturday against the Royals.
I would presume that such a start would be more akin to a regular between-starts throwing session for Price, what with him almost certainly being the Game 1 starter in the ALDS on Wednesday. Give him, what, 45-50 pitches? I mean, Maddon really wouldn’t expect him to come back on three days rest for the first start of a playoff game, would he?
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 12
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)