Oct 1, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Rays manager Joe Maddon said there’s a chance David Price will start Saturday against the Royals.
I would presume that such a start would be more akin to a regular between-starts throwing session for Price, what with him almost certainly being the Game 1 starter in the ALDS on Wednesday. Give him, what, 45-50 pitches? I mean, Maddon really wouldn’t expect him to come back on three days rest for the first start of a playoff game, would he?
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)