Quote of the Day: Tim Lincecum was really, really ready for his champagne shower

Oct 4, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT

And thank you, Associated Press, for protecting our virgin ears.

Loved the postgame interview with Tim Lincecum last night:

Comcast SportsNet reporter: Are you ready for your champagne shower?

Lincecum: F— yeah.

Hey, it was a human moment so who cares, right?  The Associated Press, that’s who.  Check out their description of it. And really, this is the whole story:

In the excitement of the celebration of the San
Francisco Giants’ NL West title, pitcher Tim Lincecum uttered an on-air
profanity.

During a
postgame interview Sunday on Comcast Sports Net Bay Area, the two-time
NL Cy Young Award winner was asked whether he was ready for a champagne
shower.

He then responded with the profanity.

I understand that the AP stories go into family newspapers no one reads anymore and everything, but if you’re not even going to hint at what word he used, why bother? I mean, it’s the one piece of information anyone interested in this story would want to know, yet it’s also the one piece of information not provided.

I try to keep things mostly clean around here, but if a prude like me can get by with an F and some dashes, you’d think the AP could.

1. Adenzeno - Oct 4, 2010 at 8:58 AM

The best post game comment I ever heard was from Charlie Kerfeld after the Astros clinched in 86- Live TV, the reporter asked him how he was going to celebrate, and he said “I dont know, but some stewardess is gonna pay” I laughed so hard I cried.

2. Adenzeno - Oct 4, 2010 at 8:59 AM

3. Chris Fiorentino - Oct 4, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Three words…”World Phuckin’ Champions” Here’s hoping we hear them again in about a month.

4. BC - Oct 4, 2010 at 9:43 AM

What, these guys don’t have a delay, or a dump button? C’mon. That’s just sloppy production.
    PS. Charlie Kerfeld was awesome.

5. BC - Oct 4, 2010 at 9:45 AM

I think Will Clark had a similar moments a number of years ago. Efforting to find it.

6. Jonny5 - Oct 4, 2010 at 9:49 AM

it beats what he wanted to say..
    Comcast SportsNet reporter: Are you ready for your champagne shower?
    Lincecum: Are you that goddamned stoned? What the hell do you think? Are you sharing any of that K.B. you must have just done bong hits of before asking me the dumbest question I ever heard, and that’s coming from a pot head . Gotta try that sheeit you been smokin’…….

7. Trevor B - Oct 4, 2010 at 9:59 AM

I’m waiting for the day Lincecum starts giving the Tommy Chong answers, complete with the voice.
    “Yeah man, real excited there man. You know man?”

8. Marklar - Oct 4, 2010 at 11:19 AM

we get it – Timmy got popped with herb… the jokes never get old (just predictable, unimaginative and unoriginal)

9. Utley's hair - Oct 4, 2010 at 11:43 AM

I want Chooch to say ‘em in Spanish. Or maybe good guy Huggy Sweeney.

10. Utley's hair - Oct 4, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Dude, lemme scam some twinkies or doritos, brah.

11. RickB - Oct 4, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Kerfeld is a scout for the Phillies now. He recommended that they sign Wilson Valdez for their AAA roster. I hope he gets a bonus for that.

12. John_Michael - Oct 4, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Also, his nipple showed for .2 seconds and I started to think about the children again.

13. Utley's hair - Oct 4, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Without his hat, Lincecum looks like Opera Man.

A's, Tigers big winners at trade deadline