Oct 4, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT
Loved the postgame interview with Tim Lincecum last night:
Comcast SportsNet reporter: Are you ready for your champagne shower?
Lincecum: F— yeah.
Hey, it was a human moment so who cares, right? The Associated Press, that’s who. Check out their description of it. And really, this is the whole story:
In the excitement of the celebration of the San
Francisco Giants’ NL West title, pitcher Tim Lincecum uttered an on-air
postgame interview Sunday on Comcast Sports Net Bay Area, the two-time
NL Cy Young Award winner was asked whether he was ready for a champagne
He then responded with the profanity.
I understand that the AP stories go into family newspapers no one reads anymore and everything, but if you’re not even going to hint at what word he used, why bother? I mean, it’s the one piece of information anyone interested in this story would want to know, yet it’s also the one piece of information not provided.
I try to keep things mostly clean around here, but if a prude like me can get by with an F and some dashes, you’d think the AP could.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)