Oct 4, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT
Loved the postgame interview with Tim Lincecum last night:
Comcast SportsNet reporter: Are you ready for your champagne shower?
Lincecum: F— yeah.
Hey, it was a human moment so who cares, right? The Associated Press, that’s who. Check out their description of it. And really, this is the whole story:
In the excitement of the celebration of the San
Francisco Giants’ NL West title, pitcher Tim Lincecum uttered an on-air
postgame interview Sunday on Comcast Sports Net Bay Area, the two-time
NL Cy Young Award winner was asked whether he was ready for a champagne
He then responded with the profanity.
I understand that the AP stories go into family newspapers no one reads anymore and everything, but if you’re not even going to hint at what word he used, why bother? I mean, it’s the one piece of information anyone interested in this story would want to know, yet it’s also the one piece of information not provided.
I try to keep things mostly clean around here, but if a prude like me can get by with an F and some dashes, you’d think the AP could.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 112
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (113)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)