Oct 4, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT
Loved the postgame interview with Tim Lincecum last night:
Comcast SportsNet reporter: Are you ready for your champagne shower?
Lincecum: F— yeah.
Hey, it was a human moment so who cares, right? The Associated Press, that’s who. Check out their description of it. And really, this is the whole story:
In the excitement of the celebration of the San
Francisco Giants’ NL West title, pitcher Tim Lincecum uttered an on-air
postgame interview Sunday on Comcast Sports Net Bay Area, the two-time
NL Cy Young Award winner was asked whether he was ready for a champagne
He then responded with the profanity.
I understand that the AP stories go into family newspapers no one reads anymore and everything, but if you’re not even going to hint at what word he used, why bother? I mean, it’s the one piece of information anyone interested in this story would want to know, yet it’s also the one piece of information not provided.
I try to keep things mostly clean around here, but if a prude like me can get by with an F and some dashes, you’d think the AP could.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (76)