Oct 4, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT
Loved the postgame interview with Tim Lincecum last night:
Comcast SportsNet reporter: Are you ready for your champagne shower?
Lincecum: F— yeah.
Hey, it was a human moment so who cares, right? The Associated Press, that’s who. Check out their description of it. And really, this is the whole story:
In the excitement of the celebration of the San
Francisco Giants’ NL West title, pitcher Tim Lincecum uttered an on-air
postgame interview Sunday on Comcast Sports Net Bay Area, the two-time
NL Cy Young Award winner was asked whether he was ready for a champagne
He then responded with the profanity.
I understand that the AP stories go into family newspapers no one reads anymore and everything, but if you’re not even going to hint at what word he used, why bother? I mean, it’s the one piece of information anyone interested in this story would want to know, yet it’s also the one piece of information not provided.
I try to keep things mostly clean around here, but if a prude like me can get by with an F and some dashes, you’d think the AP could.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (100)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)