Oct 5, 2010, 7:32 PM EDT
David Murphy declared himself “good to go” for the ALDS after running in the outfield and on the bases today, according to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com. Murphy has been sidelined since last Wednesday due to a strained left groin.
“I ran pretty hard,” Murphy said. “I can’t say that I ran 100 percent,
but I ran good enough to where if I was going to play the outfield or
run the bases, it’s good enough. I don’t think anybody expects me to be
100 percent after six days. If I’m just going to be playing an inning or
two here or there for the next few days and get a day off on Friday,
I’m definitely good to go.”
The Rangers aren’t expected to officially announce their roster until tomorrow morning, but Murphy will almost certainly be there.
Rangers manager Ron Washington has already announced that he plans to start Jeff Francoeur in right field for Game 1 on Wednesday and Julio Borbon for Game 2 on Thursday, so Murphy will come off the bench in the early part of the series. It’s possible that he could return to the starting lineup when the series shifts to Arlington for Game 3 on Saturday.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)