Oct 5, 2010, 7:32 PM EST
David Murphy declared himself “good to go” for the ALDS after running in the outfield and on the bases today, according to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com. Murphy has been sidelined since last Wednesday due to a strained left groin.
“I ran pretty hard,” Murphy said. “I can’t say that I ran 100 percent,
but I ran good enough to where if I was going to play the outfield or
run the bases, it’s good enough. I don’t think anybody expects me to be
100 percent after six days. If I’m just going to be playing an inning or
two here or there for the next few days and get a day off on Friday,
I’m definitely good to go.”
The Rangers aren’t expected to officially announce their roster until tomorrow morning, but Murphy will almost certainly be there.
Rangers manager Ron Washington has already announced that he plans to start Jeff Francoeur in right field for Game 1 on Wednesday and Julio Borbon for Game 2 on Thursday, so Murphy will come off the bench in the early part of the series. It’s possible that he could return to the starting lineup when the series shifts to Arlington for Game 3 on Saturday.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)