Oct 5, 2010, 7:32 PM EST
David Murphy declared himself “good to go” for the ALDS after running in the outfield and on the bases today, according to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com. Murphy has been sidelined since last Wednesday due to a strained left groin.
“I ran pretty hard,” Murphy said. “I can’t say that I ran 100 percent,
but I ran good enough to where if I was going to play the outfield or
run the bases, it’s good enough. I don’t think anybody expects me to be
100 percent after six days. If I’m just going to be playing an inning or
two here or there for the next few days and get a day off on Friday,
I’m definitely good to go.”
The Rangers aren’t expected to officially announce their roster until tomorrow morning, but Murphy will almost certainly be there.
Rangers manager Ron Washington has already announced that he plans to start Jeff Francoeur in right field for Game 1 on Wednesday and Julio Borbon for Game 2 on Thursday, so Murphy will come off the bench in the early part of the series. It’s possible that he could return to the starting lineup when the series shifts to Arlington for Game 3 on Saturday.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)