Oct 5, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton answered questions about his fractured ribs during a press conference this afternoon, saying:
Nobody is 100 percent right now. That puts things in perspective for me. I’d be lying to you if I said it doesn’t hurt. But it’s mind over matter. It’s just that time of year. You suck it up, you get after it, because I want to be in there for my teammates. I want to be in the lineup.
At this point there’s no doubt that Hamilton will be in the Rangers’ lineup for Game 1 of the ALDS, but Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports that the MVP candidate will be “wearing padding underneath his jersey … to give him at least a little protection if he dives for a ball or hits the wall.”
Hamilton wore the same padding over the weekend while going 3-for-11 with a homer and reported no major issues afterward.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)