Oct 5, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton answered questions about his fractured ribs during a press conference this afternoon, saying:
Nobody is 100 percent right now. That puts things in perspective for me. I’d be lying to you if I said it doesn’t hurt. But it’s mind over matter. It’s just that time of year. You suck it up, you get after it, because I want to be in there for my teammates. I want to be in the lineup.
At this point there’s no doubt that Hamilton will be in the Rangers’ lineup for Game 1 of the ALDS, but Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports that the MVP candidate will be “wearing padding underneath his jersey … to give him at least a little protection if he dives for a ball or hits the wall.”
Hamilton wore the same padding over the weekend while going 3-for-11 with a homer and reported no major issues afterward.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)