Oct 5, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton answered questions about his fractured ribs during a press conference this afternoon, saying:
Nobody is 100 percent right now. That puts things in perspective for me. I’d be lying to you if I said it doesn’t hurt. But it’s mind over matter. It’s just that time of year. You suck it up, you get after it, because I want to be in there for my teammates. I want to be in the lineup.
At this point there’s no doubt that Hamilton will be in the Rangers’ lineup for Game 1 of the ALDS, but Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports that the MVP candidate will be “wearing padding underneath his jersey … to give him at least a little protection if he dives for a ball or hits the wall.”
Hamilton wore the same padding over the weekend while going 3-for-11 with a homer and reported no major issues afterward.
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 11
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29