Oct 5, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton answered questions about his fractured ribs during a press conference this afternoon, saying:
Nobody is 100 percent right now. That puts things in perspective for me. I’d be lying to you if I said it doesn’t hurt. But it’s mind over matter. It’s just that time of year. You suck it up, you get after it, because I want to be in there for my teammates. I want to be in the lineup.
At this point there’s no doubt that Hamilton will be in the Rangers’ lineup for Game 1 of the ALDS, but Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports that the MVP candidate will be “wearing padding underneath his jersey … to give him at least a little protection if he dives for a ball or hits the wall.”
Hamilton wore the same padding over the weekend while going 3-for-11 with a homer and reported no major issues afterward.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 33
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 31
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32