Oct 5, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton answered questions about his fractured ribs during a press conference this afternoon, saying:
Nobody is 100 percent right now. That puts things in perspective for me. I’d be lying to you if I said it doesn’t hurt. But it’s mind over matter. It’s just that time of year. You suck it up, you get after it, because I want to be in there for my teammates. I want to be in the lineup.
At this point there’s no doubt that Hamilton will be in the Rangers’ lineup for Game 1 of the ALDS, but Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports that the MVP candidate will be “wearing padding underneath his jersey … to give him at least a little protection if he dives for a ball or hits the wall.”
Hamilton wore the same padding over the weekend while going 3-for-11 with a homer and reported no major issues afterward.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 28
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 15
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29