Oct 5, 2010, 9:01 PM EDT
Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times reports that Rays’ closer Rafael Soriano had an excused absence from the team’s workout today in order to return to his native Dominican Republic to attend to a “personal matter.”
According to Topkin, Soriano is scheduled to return from the Dominican tonight via a private plane, so it will have no impact on his availability for Game 1 against the Rangers tomorrow afternoon.
It’s too bad. I was actually hoping for a dramatic entrance right before the start of tomorrow’s game, similar to Steve Nebraska in “The Scout.” By the way, it’s confirmed. I miss real baseball games.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)