Oct 5, 2010, 1:36 PM EDT
Bobby Cox just announced that his playoff rotation will be Derek Lowe, Tommy Hanson, Tim Hudson and then either Lowe on three days rest or Brandon Beachy. No Jair Jurrjens. He’s down in Florida trying to get healthy. He may be back by the NLCS if the Braves get that far.
I assume that by “Brandon Beachy” he meant “no, really, Lowe on three days rest,” because while I think this Beachy kid has something of a future, I really don’t want Game 4 of what would by then, by definition, be a tight playoff series started by a minor league swingman who, if he showed anything these past few weeks, it’s that he’s not yet ready for late season, pressure-baseball.
Lowe may be cooked by the time Game 4 comes around, but Beachy — no matter how much I want to root for him — needs some more time in the oven.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 50
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 26
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)