Oct 5, 2010, 1:36 PM EDT
Bobby Cox just announced that his playoff rotation will be Derek Lowe, Tommy Hanson, Tim Hudson and then either Lowe on three days rest or Brandon Beachy. No Jair Jurrjens. He’s down in Florida trying to get healthy. He may be back by the NLCS if the Braves get that far.
I assume that by “Brandon Beachy” he meant “no, really, Lowe on three days rest,” because while I think this Beachy kid has something of a future, I really don’t want Game 4 of what would by then, by definition, be a tight playoff series started by a minor league swingman who, if he showed anything these past few weeks, it’s that he’s not yet ready for late season, pressure-baseball.
Lowe may be cooked by the time Game 4 comes around, but Beachy — no matter how much I want to root for him — needs some more time in the oven.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)