Oct 5, 2010, 1:36 PM EST
Bobby Cox just announced that his playoff rotation will be Derek Lowe, Tommy Hanson, Tim Hudson and then either Lowe on three days rest or Brandon Beachy. No Jair Jurrjens. He’s down in Florida trying to get healthy. He may be back by the NLCS if the Braves get that far.
I assume that by “Brandon Beachy” he meant “no, really, Lowe on three days rest,” because while I think this Beachy kid has something of a future, I really don’t want Game 4 of what would by then, by definition, be a tight playoff series started by a minor league swingman who, if he showed anything these past few weeks, it’s that he’s not yet ready for late season, pressure-baseball.
Lowe may be cooked by the time Game 4 comes around, but Beachy — no matter how much I want to root for him — needs some more time in the oven.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)