Oct 5, 2010, 3:35 PM EDT
This is the first time in five years that I haven’t had to look at a bunch of teams that I don’t care about and try and find one to (sorta) root for in the postseason. Which is what I think you’re obligated to do as a fan, aren’t you? Even if you don’t do it game-by-game, you have to at least (again, sorta) pick a horse to ride in the playoffs, if for no other reason, than because their presence would make for a good matchup somewhere down the line.
I won’t have to do that at least until the LCS, so I’m good. But if you need to find a rooting interest, here’s a handy-dandy little flowchart that will make your life easier.
And don’t scroll down to the bottom until you’ve actually made your choices. I think the pics are the best part.
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 1
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 13
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 36
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)