Oct 5, 2010, 3:35 PM EDT
This is the first time in five years that I haven’t had to look at a bunch of teams that I don’t care about and try and find one to (sorta) root for in the postseason. Which is what I think you’re obligated to do as a fan, aren’t you? Even if you don’t do it game-by-game, you have to at least (again, sorta) pick a horse to ride in the playoffs, if for no other reason, than because their presence would make for a good matchup somewhere down the line.
I won’t have to do that at least until the LCS, so I’m good. But if you need to find a rooting interest, here’s a handy-dandy little flowchart that will make your life easier.
And don’t scroll down to the bottom until you’ve actually made your choices. I think the pics are the best part.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 0
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 167
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (169)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)