Oct 5, 2010, 3:35 PM EDT
This is the first time in five years that I haven’t had to look at a bunch of teams that I don’t care about and try and find one to (sorta) root for in the postseason. Which is what I think you’re obligated to do as a fan, aren’t you? Even if you don’t do it game-by-game, you have to at least (again, sorta) pick a horse to ride in the playoffs, if for no other reason, than because their presence would make for a good matchup somewhere down the line.
I won’t have to do that at least until the LCS, so I’m good. But if you need to find a rooting interest, here’s a handy-dandy little flowchart that will make your life easier.
And don’t scroll down to the bottom until you’ve actually made your choices. I think the pics are the best part.
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 5
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 45
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 47
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 37
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 98
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (99)