Oct 5, 2010, 3:35 PM EDT
This is the first time in five years that I haven’t had to look at a bunch of teams that I don’t care about and try and find one to (sorta) root for in the postseason. Which is what I think you’re obligated to do as a fan, aren’t you? Even if you don’t do it game-by-game, you have to at least (again, sorta) pick a horse to ride in the playoffs, if for no other reason, than because their presence would make for a good matchup somewhere down the line.
I won’t have to do that at least until the LCS, so I’m good. But if you need to find a rooting interest, here’s a handy-dandy little flowchart that will make your life easier.
And don’t scroll down to the bottom until you’ve actually made your choices. I think the pics are the best part.
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 26
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 24
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 23
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 42
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 94
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)