Oct 6, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
Brian Roberts missed the Orioles’ final six games with concussion-like symptoms believed to be caused by the All-Star second baseman hitting himself in the helmet with his bat.
While that won’t sound any less embarrassing for Roberts, the good news is that he’s feeling better and Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com reports that a CT scan “came back normal” today.
In a season full of concussions knocking players out for months at a time, hopefully Roberts has avoided anything serious. Assuming he stops hitting himself with bats, of course.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 3
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 6
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)