Oct 6, 2010, 1:47 PM EST
Brian Roberts missed the Orioles’ final six games with concussion-like symptoms believed to be caused by the All-Star second baseman hitting himself in the helmet with his bat.
While that won’t sound any less embarrassing for Roberts, the good news is that he’s feeling better and Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com reports that a CT scan “came back normal” today.
In a season full of concussions knocking players out for months at a time, hopefully Roberts has avoided anything serious. Assuming he stops hitting himself with bats, of course.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)