Oct 6, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
Brian Roberts missed the Orioles’ final six games with concussion-like symptoms believed to be caused by the All-Star second baseman hitting himself in the helmet with his bat.
While that won’t sound any less embarrassing for Roberts, the good news is that he’s feeling better and Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com reports that a CT scan “came back normal” today.
In a season full of concussions knocking players out for months at a time, hopefully Roberts has avoided anything serious. Assuming he stops hitting himself with bats, of course.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)