Oct 6, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
Brian Roberts missed the Orioles’ final six games with concussion-like symptoms believed to be caused by the All-Star second baseman hitting himself in the helmet with his bat.
While that won’t sound any less embarrassing for Roberts, the good news is that he’s feeling better and Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com reports that a CT scan “came back normal” today.
In a season full of concussions knocking players out for months at a time, hopefully Roberts has avoided anything serious. Assuming he stops hitting himself with bats, of course.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 28
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)