Oct 6, 2010, 2:24 PM EDT
For those of you stuck at work, please know that Jeff Francoeur doubled in the first run of the postseason and then Bengie Molina promptly drove in Francoeur. Off David Price, one of the best pitchers in all of baseball. It’s 2-0 as we head into the bottom of the second.
The lesson here: all of those “what Team X needs to do to win” columns are pretty much a waste of time, because no one in their right mind wrote “Frenchie and Bengie need to come up big.” Or, if they did, they probably shouldn’t have.
We won’t be putting up constant updates from live games, but we will be dropping occasional posts like this so, by all means, feel free to use them as comment threads for the ongoing action.
In the meantime, I’ll be off pushing more pins into my Francoeur voodoo doll. Not that it’s been working much lately.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 1
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 7
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 16
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 58
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 23
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)