Oct 6, 2010, 2:24 PM EDT
For those of you stuck at work, please know that Jeff Francoeur doubled in the first run of the postseason and then Bengie Molina promptly drove in Francoeur. Off David Price, one of the best pitchers in all of baseball. It’s 2-0 as we head into the bottom of the second.
The lesson here: all of those “what Team X needs to do to win” columns are pretty much a waste of time, because no one in their right mind wrote “Frenchie and Bengie need to come up big.” Or, if they did, they probably shouldn’t have.
We won’t be putting up constant updates from live games, but we will be dropping occasional posts like this so, by all means, feel free to use them as comment threads for the ongoing action.
In the meantime, I’ll be off pushing more pins into my Francoeur voodoo doll. Not that it’s been working much lately.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)