Oct 6, 2010, 2:24 PM EST
For those of you stuck at work, please know that Jeff Francoeur doubled in the first run of the postseason and then Bengie Molina promptly drove in Francoeur. Off David Price, one of the best pitchers in all of baseball. It’s 2-0 as we head into the bottom of the second.
The lesson here: all of those “what Team X needs to do to win” columns are pretty much a waste of time, because no one in their right mind wrote “Frenchie and Bengie need to come up big.” Or, if they did, they probably shouldn’t have.
We won’t be putting up constant updates from live games, but we will be dropping occasional posts like this so, by all means, feel free to use them as comment threads for the ongoing action.
In the meantime, I’ll be off pushing more pins into my Francoeur voodoo doll. Not that it’s been working much lately.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)