Oct 6, 2010, 1:34 PM EDT
I just tuned into the Rays-Rangers game and the first thing that announcer Don Orsillo said was that the Rays have sold out Games 1 and 2 of the Division series. So, there goes a whole week’s worth of “why can’t the Rays draw” complaints. They can draw when the games matter.
In other news, it just occurred to me that this is the first ever weekday daytime playoff game that I’ve watched without having to lie about my whereabouts first. It’s been an amazing run, really: every fall since 1998 I’ve managed to come down with a cold or car trouble or something for Game 1 of the Division Series. This year? No worries.
Damndest thing, that.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)