Oct 6, 2010, 1:34 PM EDT
I just tuned into the Rays-Rangers game and the first thing that announcer Don Orsillo said was that the Rays have sold out Games 1 and 2 of the Division series. So, there goes a whole week’s worth of “why can’t the Rays draw” complaints. They can draw when the games matter.
In other news, it just occurred to me that this is the first ever weekday daytime playoff game that I’ve watched without having to lie about my whereabouts first. It’s been an amazing run, really: every fall since 1998 I’ve managed to come down with a cold or car trouble or something for Game 1 of the Division Series. This year? No worries.
Damndest thing, that.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)