Oct 6, 2010, 1:34 PM EDT
I just tuned into the Rays-Rangers game and the first thing that announcer Don Orsillo said was that the Rays have sold out Games 1 and 2 of the Division series. So, there goes a whole week’s worth of “why can’t the Rays draw” complaints. They can draw when the games matter.
In other news, it just occurred to me that this is the first ever weekday daytime playoff game that I’ve watched without having to lie about my whereabouts first. It’s been an amazing run, really: every fall since 1998 I’ve managed to come down with a cold or car trouble or something for Game 1 of the Division Series. This year? No worries.
Damndest thing, that.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (87)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (82)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (75)