In case you were wondering about the weather

Oct 6, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT

My dad worked for the National Weather Service for nearly 40 years. This morning I asked him about the playoff weather. He said "How the hell should I know? I'm retired. You're Mr. Internet. Why don't YOU look it up?"

The Reds-Phillies game starts at 5:07 P.M. today. The forecast: 61 degrees and a 30% chance of rain.

The Yankees-Twins game starts at 8:37 P.M. this evening. The forecast 60 degrees and a 0% chance of rain.

The Rangers-Rays game will be played in a soulless, climate-controlled dome, thereby rendering it the worst conditions of all three games.

The upshot: we should get all three baseball games in today, no problem.

1. Panda_Claus - Oct 6, 2010 at 9:57 AM

From the gruff reception your dad apparently gave you, I like him, despite not personally knowing him. It somewhat surprises me he would address you that way.
    And who knew Willard Scott was your dad?

2. Jonny5 - Oct 6, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Nice….. I think I’d get along just fine with your pops btw…
    In other news, i’m out. Time to get some emergency parts made for a Navy fleet member in Guam, gotta keep our boys up and running. I do serve a purpose afterall. GO PHILLS!!!!

3. The Steve Jeltz Experiment - Oct 6, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Criag, you should consider having your Dad do guest posts discussing the weather. Instead of actually giving the weather report, he could tell all of us to go look it up, then share stories about your childhood that would be good fodder for us during the winter months.

4. Jason @ IIATMS - Oct 6, 2010 at 10:21 AM

C’mon, if it’s going to be 60 degrees in Minnesota, how can we complain about the 2 feet of snow?

5. Giant Space Ants - Oct 6, 2010 at 10:37 AM

Well he’s not there. How’s he gonna know? Go crazy I say.

6. APBA Guy - Oct 6, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Great picture of Willard Scott. Here’s a “geezer revealed” story. When I was 8, I and the rest of my cub scout pack went on the Bozo show in DC. Willard Scott was Bozo. You said your name and pinched his red nose. With his other hand, always kept offscreen, he squeezed a bicycle horn simultaneously with the nose pinch so that the TV audience heard a honk. Very disillusioning. I spent the rest of the day lost in existential angst, questioning my raison d’etre, absorbed in Sartre and Renoir movies. Much like how I feel after reading Billy Beane say he’s pleased with the A’s season. Only the Rays going to the series again will elevate this terrible black mood.

7. Utley's hair - Oct 6, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Craig, you do know that you will now be known as Mr. Internet, right? It’ll be your alter ego…like Mr. Movie or Mr. Mister.

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. J. Soler (3719)