Oct 6, 2010, 3:03 PM EST
Bengie Molina hadn’t hit a home run since the middle of July, but he just went deep off David Price. That, combined with his earlier RBI single, Francoeur’s double and a Nelson Cruz moon-shot homer makes it 4-0 Rangers entering the 5th.
David Price has not had many outings like this. In fact, Price has only given up four runs in a start three other times this season. The whuppin’ sticks, they are out.
And while I have your attention: while the HBT crew is obviously posting like mad this postseason, mere posts can’t contain us. We’re all on Twitter too, and if you’re looking for snark and observations that may not be completely blog post worthy but are still worth your while, follow us on Twitter, thusly:
And of course, to get constant Twitter updates of all of the HBT posts, follow @HardballTalk. It’s mostly a feed, but sometimes it achieves sentience and says silly things.
Now, back to watching improbably Rangers hitters come up big.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)