Oct 6, 2010, 3:03 PM EDT
Bengie Molina hadn’t hit a home run since the middle of July, but he just went deep off David Price. That, combined with his earlier RBI single, Francoeur’s double and a Nelson Cruz moon-shot homer makes it 4-0 Rangers entering the 5th.
David Price has not had many outings like this. In fact, Price has only given up four runs in a start three other times this season. The whuppin’ sticks, they are out.
And while I have your attention: while the HBT crew is obviously posting like mad this postseason, mere posts can’t contain us. We’re all on Twitter too, and if you’re looking for snark and observations that may not be completely blog post worthy but are still worth your while, follow us on Twitter, thusly:
And of course, to get constant Twitter updates of all of the HBT posts, follow @HardballTalk. It’s mostly a feed, but sometimes it achieves sentience and says silly things.
Now, back to watching improbably Rangers hitters come up big.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)