Oct 6, 2010, 3:03 PM EST
Bengie Molina hadn’t hit a home run since the middle of July, but he just went deep off David Price. That, combined with his earlier RBI single, Francoeur’s double and a Nelson Cruz moon-shot homer makes it 4-0 Rangers entering the 5th.
David Price has not had many outings like this. In fact, Price has only given up four runs in a start three other times this season. The whuppin’ sticks, they are out.
And while I have your attention: while the HBT crew is obviously posting like mad this postseason, mere posts can’t contain us. We’re all on Twitter too, and if you’re looking for snark and observations that may not be completely blog post worthy but are still worth your while, follow us on Twitter, thusly:
And of course, to get constant Twitter updates of all of the HBT posts, follow @HardballTalk. It’s mostly a feed, but sometimes it achieves sentience and says silly things.
Now, back to watching improbably Rangers hitters come up big.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)