OK, this is getting silly: Molina with a dinger; David Price is getting rocked

Oct 6, 2010, 3:03 PM EDT

Bengie Molina hadn’t hit a home run since the middle of July, but he just went deep off David Price. That, combined with his earlier RBI single, Francoeur’s double and a Nelson Cruz moon-shot homer makes it 4-0 Rangers entering the 5th.

David Price has not had many outings like this. In fact, Price has only given up four runs in a start three other times this season.  The whuppin’ sticks, they are out.

And while I have your attention: while the HBT crew is obviously posting like mad this postseason, mere posts can’t contain us.  We’re all on Twitter too, and if you’re looking for snark and observations that may not be completely blog post worthy but are still worth your while, follow us on Twitter, thusly:

Me: @craigcalcaterra
Aaron: @aarongleeman
DJ: @djshort
Drew: @drewsilv
Bob: @Bharks

And of course, to get constant Twitter updates of all of the HBT posts, follow @HardballTalk.  It’s mostly a feed, but sometimes it achieves sentience and says silly things.

Now, back to watching improbably Rangers hitters come up big.

1. Jonny5 - Oct 6, 2010 at 3:13 PM

This is why I love this game. Improbabilities abound as usual in the playoffs!!!

2. Jonny5 - Oct 6, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Awesome, My son’s game for tonight is cancelled!!! I get to “Watch” the game with a fresh Harp Lager instead of wait for updates on my droid, in the wind, with no Harp.

3. Gobias Industries - Oct 6, 2010 at 3:43 PM

I regret to inform you that you have just been eliminated from the “Father of the Year” competition with that comment.

4. Jonny5 - Oct 6, 2010 at 3:49 PM

The fact that I was knocked out of contention in October says alot for me though….. Or it doesn’t say much for the other dads. Whichever way you want to look at it, I come out alright.

5. Bearwin - Oct 6, 2010 at 3:59 PM

The reason for the elimination had nothing to do with your joy over the cancellation of your son’s game…but everything to do with the fact you plan to drink Harp Lager, going as far as naming the beer well beforehand.

6. birdmancometh - Oct 6, 2010 at 3:59 PM

However, you lose points because of your choice of Harp.

7. Steve C - Oct 6, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Cliff Lee is not to be trifled with in the play offs.

8. Jonny5 - Oct 6, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Noooo. I should gain points for that. It’s a fine Irish lager. Butwiper will not do for the playoffs. Either will Yuengling, although it’s good, it’s just not Harp.

9. Jonny5 - Oct 6, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Does everyone here have bad taste in beer or what? Harp is awesome!!! Should i break the kid in on Coors light or something???

10. birdmancometh - Oct 6, 2010 at 4:20 PM

No, don’t say that. For one, you are in yuengling country (presumably). Personally, i’m a home brewer with a nice fall porter currently in the keg. I realize you don’t have that option, just not a fan of Harp.

11. Bearwin - Oct 6, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Harp isn’t bad (is any beer?)…but the fact that you name-drop it, makes you a douche.

Red Sox shopping Lester and Lackey