Oct 6, 2010, 4:31 PM EDT
So I’m watching the Rangers-Rays game through, oh, the seventh inning, when the front door opens up and my kids walk in, fresh off the school bus. I don’t know if there’s anything more jacked up with energy than kids who have been yelling at each other and eating candy for the last half hour. They were loud and crazy and obnoxious, so I gave up on trying to watch the game and blog and retired to the Craig Cave where I do my blogging most of the time.
For reasons that are too complicated to get in to, I don’t have a TV in here, and because MLB.tv is blacked out all postseason, I’m stuck with the Gameday radio feed. Which isn’t horrible, actually. I like baseball on the radio. I learned the game more through the radio as a kid than I did on TV, so this is actually kind of nice. But I did just get a great quote from the Rays’ play-by-play guy:
“Sold out crowd today and the ballpark is looking beautiful.”
I guess it’s a day of many firsts down in St. Petersburg.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)