Oct 6, 2010, 4:31 PM EDT
So I’m watching the Rangers-Rays game through, oh, the seventh inning, when the front door opens up and my kids walk in, fresh off the school bus. I don’t know if there’s anything more jacked up with energy than kids who have been yelling at each other and eating candy for the last half hour. They were loud and crazy and obnoxious, so I gave up on trying to watch the game and blog and retired to the Craig Cave where I do my blogging most of the time.
For reasons that are too complicated to get in to, I don’t have a TV in here, and because MLB.tv is blacked out all postseason, I’m stuck with the Gameday radio feed. Which isn’t horrible, actually. I like baseball on the radio. I learned the game more through the radio as a kid than I did on TV, so this is actually kind of nice. But I did just get a great quote from the Rays’ play-by-play guy:
“Sold out crowd today and the ballpark is looking beautiful.”
I guess it’s a day of many firsts down in St. Petersburg.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 14
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54