Oct 6, 2010, 3:31 PM EDT
Cliff Lee and the Rangers are now up 5-0 on the Rays in the sixth and the game is starting to lull me to sleep.
Speaking of lulling fans to sleep, John Hickey of FanHouse reports that the Mariners would be interested in talking to the Red Sox about Daisuke Matsuzaka if they were to make him available. You would figure that the Red Sox would have to be willing to pick up a chunk of the two years and $20 million
left on his deal. Dice-K has been pretty underwhelming — he went 9-6 with a 4.69 ERA in 25
starts this season — but like any number of pitchers, he may find some rejuvenation by moving to the larger parks — and facing the weaker offenses — in the AL West.
Bonus: if you watch M’s game from back east like I do, Matsuzaka’s starts would begin just about the time you start thinking about going to sleep so, hey, no more insomnia problems.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)