Oct 6, 2010, 3:31 PM EST
Cliff Lee and the Rangers are now up 5-0 on the Rays in the sixth and the game is starting to lull me to sleep.
Speaking of lulling fans to sleep, John Hickey of FanHouse reports that the Mariners would be interested in talking to the Red Sox about Daisuke Matsuzaka if they were to make him available. You would figure that the Red Sox would have to be willing to pick up a chunk of the two years and $20 million
left on his deal. Dice-K has been pretty underwhelming — he went 9-6 with a 4.69 ERA in 25
starts this season — but like any number of pitchers, he may find some rejuvenation by moving to the larger parks — and facing the weaker offenses — in the AL West.
Bonus: if you watch M’s game from back east like I do, Matsuzaka’s starts would begin just about the time you start thinking about going to sleep so, hey, no more insomnia problems.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 1
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 50
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 41
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)