Oct 6, 2010, 3:31 PM EDT
Cliff Lee and the Rangers are now up 5-0 on the Rays in the sixth and the game is starting to lull me to sleep.
Speaking of lulling fans to sleep, John Hickey of FanHouse reports that the Mariners would be interested in talking to the Red Sox about Daisuke Matsuzaka if they were to make him available. You would figure that the Red Sox would have to be willing to pick up a chunk of the two years and $20 million
left on his deal. Dice-K has been pretty underwhelming — he went 9-6 with a 4.69 ERA in 25
starts this season — but like any number of pitchers, he may find some rejuvenation by moving to the larger parks — and facing the weaker offenses — in the AL West.
Bonus: if you watch M’s game from back east like I do, Matsuzaka’s starts would begin just about the time you start thinking about going to sleep so, hey, no more insomnia problems.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 23
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 38
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 19
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)