Oct 6, 2010, 3:31 PM EDT
Cliff Lee and the Rangers are now up 5-0 on the Rays in the sixth and the game is starting to lull me to sleep.
Speaking of lulling fans to sleep, John Hickey of FanHouse reports that the Mariners would be interested in talking to the Red Sox about Daisuke Matsuzaka if they were to make him available. You would figure that the Red Sox would have to be willing to pick up a chunk of the two years and $20 million
left on his deal. Dice-K has been pretty underwhelming — he went 9-6 with a 4.69 ERA in 25
starts this season — but like any number of pitchers, he may find some rejuvenation by moving to the larger parks — and facing the weaker offenses — in the AL West.
Bonus: if you watch M’s game from back east like I do, Matsuzaka’s starts would begin just about the time you start thinking about going to sleep so, hey, no more insomnia problems.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 14
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 4
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 4
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)