Oct 6, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Jon Rauch was a question mark for the ALDS because of a late-season knee injury, but he’s healthy enough to be included on the playoff roster and that left the Twins to decide between Kevin Slowey or Scott Baker for the final spot on the pitching staff.
Baker, who was the Opening Day starter and went 12-9 with a 4.49 ERA in 170.2 innings, got the nod over Slowey, who went 13-6 with a 4.45 ERA in 155.2 innings. Neither pitcher would have filled a prominent role–Baker will likely be a long reliever or emergency option for extra innings–because the Twins picked Nick Blackburn as their fourth starter.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)