Oct 6, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Jon Rauch was a question mark for the ALDS because of a late-season knee injury, but he’s healthy enough to be included on the playoff roster and that left the Twins to decide between Kevin Slowey or Scott Baker for the final spot on the pitching staff.
Baker, who was the Opening Day starter and went 12-9 with a 4.49 ERA in 170.2 innings, got the nod over Slowey, who went 13-6 with a 4.45 ERA in 155.2 innings. Neither pitcher would have filled a prominent role–Baker will likely be a long reliever or emergency option for extra innings–because the Twins picked Nick Blackburn as their fourth starter.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)