Oct 6, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Jon Rauch was a question mark for the ALDS because of a late-season knee injury, but he’s healthy enough to be included on the playoff roster and that left the Twins to decide between Kevin Slowey or Scott Baker for the final spot on the pitching staff.
Baker, who was the Opening Day starter and went 12-9 with a 4.49 ERA in 170.2 innings, got the nod over Slowey, who went 13-6 with a 4.45 ERA in 155.2 innings. Neither pitcher would have filled a prominent role–Baker will likely be a long reliever or emergency option for extra innings–because the Twins picked Nick Blackburn as their fourth starter.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)