Oct 6, 2010, 11:02 PM EDT
So much for that Yankees lead.
CC Sabathia struck out Joe Mauer on three straight pitches to open the sixth inning and caused Delmon Young to fly out, but seemed to tire the moment veteran designated hitter Jim Thome stepped to the plate.
Thome walked with two outs, Michael Cuddyer doubled to left-center field, Jason Kubel walked and then Sabathia issued a bases-loaded free pass to Danny Valencia that moved Game 1 of this ALDS matchup to a 4-4 tie.
Sabathia is at 112 pitches and might not last much longer. Twins starter Francisco Liriano has already been pulled. It looks like this one will be decided by the bullpens.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)