Oct 6, 2010, 11:02 PM EDT
So much for that Yankees lead.
CC Sabathia struck out Joe Mauer on three straight pitches to open the sixth inning and caused Delmon Young to fly out, but seemed to tire the moment veteran designated hitter Jim Thome stepped to the plate.
Thome walked with two outs, Michael Cuddyer doubled to left-center field, Jason Kubel walked and then Sabathia issued a bases-loaded free pass to Danny Valencia that moved Game 1 of this ALDS matchup to a 4-4 tie.
Sabathia is at 112 pitches and might not last much longer. Twins starter Francisco Liriano has already been pulled. It looks like this one will be decided by the bullpens.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)