Oct 6, 2010, 11:02 PM EDT
So much for that Yankees lead.
CC Sabathia struck out Joe Mauer on three straight pitches to open the sixth inning and caused Delmon Young to fly out, but seemed to tire the moment veteran designated hitter Jim Thome stepped to the plate.
Thome walked with two outs, Michael Cuddyer doubled to left-center field, Jason Kubel walked and then Sabathia issued a bases-loaded free pass to Danny Valencia that moved Game 1 of this ALDS matchup to a 4-4 tie.
Sabathia is at 112 pitches and might not last much longer. Twins starter Francisco Liriano has already been pulled. It looks like this one will be decided by the bullpens.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)