Oct 7, 2010, 10:27 PM EDT
This one is moving along as planned. A run-down here, a walk or two there, but mostly just good pitching.
Giants starter Tim Lincecum has six strikeouts through four innings and has allowed just one hit and one walk in Thursday’s NLDS Game 1. But his offense, as usual, has not managed much of anything against Braves righty Derek Lowe.
Lowe escaped a jam in the bottom of the third, leaving two runners in scoring position with an inning-ending strikeout of Giants first baseman Aubrey Huff. It was the only major threat from either side thus far.
Thursday’s postseason nightcap is 0-0 as we head to the bottom of the fourth.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 5
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 44
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 107
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (84)