Oct 7, 2010, 10:27 PM EDT
This one is moving along as planned. A run-down here, a walk or two there, but mostly just good pitching.
Giants starter Tim Lincecum has six strikeouts through four innings and has allowed just one hit and one walk in Thursday’s NLDS Game 1. But his offense, as usual, has not managed much of anything against Braves righty Derek Lowe.
Lowe escaped a jam in the bottom of the third, leaving two runners in scoring position with an inning-ending strikeout of Giants first baseman Aubrey Huff. It was the only major threat from either side thus far.
Thursday’s postseason nightcap is 0-0 as we head to the bottom of the fourth.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)