Oct 7, 2010, 10:27 PM EDT
This one is moving along as planned. A run-down here, a walk or two there, but mostly just good pitching.
Giants starter Tim Lincecum has six strikeouts through four innings and has allowed just one hit and one walk in Thursday’s NLDS Game 1. But his offense, as usual, has not managed much of anything against Braves righty Derek Lowe.
Lowe escaped a jam in the bottom of the third, leaving two runners in scoring position with an inning-ending strikeout of Giants first baseman Aubrey Huff. It was the only major threat from either side thus far.
Thursday’s postseason nightcap is 0-0 as we head to the bottom of the fourth.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)