Oct 7, 2010, 11:01 PM EDT
Hey, someone scored a run in San Francisco!
Giants catcher Buster Posey led off the bottom of the fourth inning with a single off Braves starter Derek Lowe. Pat Burrell struck out swinging in the next at-bat, to nobody’s surprise, but Posey stole second and then scored two batters later when Cody Ross knocked a single to shallow left field.
Posey might win the National League’s Rookie of the Year Award for the .305/.357/.505 batting line that he posted during the regular season, and he has already put his stamp on this crucial NLDS Game 1.
Tim Lincecum continued his dominance of the Braves in the top half of the fifth, striking out his seventh batter and inducing both a line-out and a groundout. Lincecum, who had a relatively pedestrian 3.43 ERA during the regular season, is in Cy Young form at the Ballpark by the Bay tonight.
Lowe set ‘em down in order in the bottom of the fifth inning, but the Giants lead the Braves 1-0 as we head to the sixth.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 1
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 87
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (87)