Oct 7, 2010, 11:01 PM EDT
Hey, someone scored a run in San Francisco!
Giants catcher Buster Posey led off the bottom of the fourth inning with a single off Braves starter Derek Lowe. Pat Burrell struck out swinging in the next at-bat, to nobody’s surprise, but Posey stole second and then scored two batters later when Cody Ross knocked a single to shallow left field.
Posey might win the National League’s Rookie of the Year Award for the .305/.357/.505 batting line that he posted during the regular season, and he has already put his stamp on this crucial NLDS Game 1.
Tim Lincecum continued his dominance of the Braves in the top half of the fifth, striking out his seventh batter and inducing both a line-out and a groundout. Lincecum, who had a relatively pedestrian 3.43 ERA during the regular season, is in Cy Young form at the Ballpark by the Bay tonight.
Lowe set ’em down in order in the bottom of the fifth inning, but the Giants lead the Braves 1-0 as we head to the sixth.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)