Oct 7, 2010, 11:01 PM EDT
Hey, someone scored a run in San Francisco!
Giants catcher Buster Posey led off the bottom of the fourth inning with a single off Braves starter Derek Lowe. Pat Burrell struck out swinging in the next at-bat, to nobody’s surprise, but Posey stole second and then scored two batters later when Cody Ross knocked a single to shallow left field.
Posey might win the National League’s Rookie of the Year Award for the .305/.357/.505 batting line that he posted during the regular season, and he has already put his stamp on this crucial NLDS Game 1.
Tim Lincecum continued his dominance of the Braves in the top half of the fifth, striking out his seventh batter and inducing both a line-out and a groundout. Lincecum, who had a relatively pedestrian 3.43 ERA during the regular season, is in Cy Young form at the Ballpark by the Bay tonight.
Lowe set ’em down in order in the bottom of the fifth inning, but the Giants lead the Braves 1-0 as we head to the sixth.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)