Oct 7, 2010, 11:01 PM EDT
Hey, someone scored a run in San Francisco!
Giants catcher Buster Posey led off the bottom of the fourth inning with a single off Braves starter Derek Lowe. Pat Burrell struck out swinging in the next at-bat, to nobody’s surprise, but Posey stole second and then scored two batters later when Cody Ross knocked a single to shallow left field.
Posey might win the National League’s Rookie of the Year Award for the .305/.357/.505 batting line that he posted during the regular season, and he has already put his stamp on this crucial NLDS Game 1.
Tim Lincecum continued his dominance of the Braves in the top half of the fifth, striking out his seventh batter and inducing both a line-out and a groundout. Lincecum, who had a relatively pedestrian 3.43 ERA during the regular season, is in Cy Young form at the Ballpark by the Bay tonight.
Lowe set ‘em down in order in the bottom of the fifth inning, but the Giants lead the Braves 1-0 as we head to the sixth.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)