Oct 7, 2010, 1:02 PM EDT
Not long after last night’s game a picture of the moment that Carlos Ruiz embraced Roy Halladay in celebration started making the rounds. It’s so hard in our digital age to appreciate when a photograph really captures the moment — there are so many pics these days, and of course, we have video — rendering any one photo rather anonymous, but this one, I think, is the exception.
Some people say it’s a lot like the shot of Yogi Berra jumping into Don Larsen’s arms after his perfecto in 1956. That’s just too perfect. Not sure if I see it, but you check it out for yourself.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8