Oct 7, 2010, 1:02 PM EDT
Not long after last night’s game a picture of the moment that Carlos Ruiz embraced Roy Halladay in celebration started making the rounds. It’s so hard in our digital age to appreciate when a photograph really captures the moment — there are so many pics these days, and of course, we have video — rendering any one photo rather anonymous, but this one, I think, is the exception.
Some people say it’s a lot like the shot of Yogi Berra jumping into Don Larsen’s arms after his perfecto in 1956. That’s just too perfect. Not sure if I see it, but you check it out for yourself.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)