Oct 7, 2010, 1:02 PM EDT
Not long after last night’s game a picture of the moment that Carlos Ruiz embraced Roy Halladay in celebration started making the rounds. It’s so hard in our digital age to appreciate when a photograph really captures the moment — there are so many pics these days, and of course, we have video — rendering any one photo rather anonymous, but this one, I think, is the exception.
Some people say it’s a lot like the shot of Yogi Berra jumping into Don Larsen’s arms after his perfecto in 1956. That’s just too perfect. Not sure if I see it, but you check it out for yourself.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 44
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106