Oct 7, 2010, 1:02 PM EDT
Not long after last night’s game a picture of the moment that Carlos Ruiz embraced Roy Halladay in celebration started making the rounds. It’s so hard in our digital age to appreciate when a photograph really captures the moment — there are so many pics these days, and of course, we have video — rendering any one photo rather anonymous, but this one, I think, is the exception.
Some people say it’s a lot like the shot of Yogi Berra jumping into Don Larsen’s arms after his perfecto in 1956. That’s just too perfect. Not sure if I see it, but you check it out for yourself.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)