Halladay's no-no captured in a timeless photo

Oct 7, 2010, 1:02 PM EDT

Not long after last night’s game a picture of the moment that Carlos Ruiz embraced Roy Halladay in celebration started making the rounds. It’s so hard in our digital age to appreciate when a photograph really captures the moment — there are so many pics these days, and of course, we have video — rendering any one photo rather anonymous, but this one, I think, is the exception.

Some people say it’s a lot like the shot of Yogi Berra jumping into Don Larsen’s arms after his perfecto in 1956. That’s just too perfect. Not sure if I see it, but you check it out for yourself.

1. BleedGreen - Oct 7, 2010 at 1:06 PM

To be fair, isn’t Doc like 7″ taller than Chooch? He jumped up.

2. BigPhil - Oct 7, 2010 at 1:32 PM

The guy hasn’t particularly rewarded fans for those memorable moments with memorable photos… I guess he’s just not that photogenic.
    This is the photo the Phillies blog on MLB.com used after his perfecto

3. Jonny5 - Oct 7, 2010 at 1:37 PM

LMAO!!! Oh wait. I’m to be oversensitive. Craig, that’s typical Philly hate from another national writer!!! Or am I supposed to be overconfident? That’s not the last time you’re going to see those two at the prom dance in 2010!!!! I’m confused now, what am I supposed to be???? Photoshop is great btw. could have at least put dresses on them though…

4. doctorfunke - Oct 7, 2010 at 1:43 PM

That’s awesome!
    Craig, you should have just sent that directly to Fiorentino.

5. Chris Fiorentino - Oct 7, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Just be yourself, Jonny…if that stupid picture made you laugh, then that’s cool. All it made me think was two things…some idiot Blue Jays fan was jealous that Doc was wearing a Phillies uniform in the playoffs, which he himself hasn’t seen in 17 years…and the fact that Craig posted an entire blog entry based on it trying to make a funny shows that he probably should have kept his other day job ;P

6. Utley's hair - Oct 7, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Dresses? That is so last year with the Hawaiian we have roaming centerfield–and tearing up the basepaths.

7. Chris Fiorentino - Oct 7, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Thanks for making my point…

8. doctorfunke - Oct 7, 2010 at 2:10 PM

You have to admit that this seems to be aimed directly at you, what with all the gloating that you’ve been doing. And that’s fine, you have been a very loyal fan, and once your team is winning, you should gloat. I don’t know if Craig did it on purpose, but it certainly seems that way, especially given that we all know who he would like to gloat about. I wonder what this site will look like if we have a Braves-Phillies LCS?

9. Kiwicricket - Oct 7, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Imagine what will happen if he does it again!!!…..

Harper vs. Trout? It's just the opening act