HBT Daily: Orlando Cabrera's mouth, Carl Pavano's head and OctLoweber!

Oct 7, 2010, 1:29 PM EDT

Funny part: we made Tiffany be the one to say "OctLoweber," thereby insulating me from the inherent lameness. Which I myself created. Oh, man. I gave it away.

1. Chris Fiorentino - Oct 7, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Shame on you for not saying “OctLoweber” and for not giving your Braves a chance. I have a feeling you are using reverse psychology but here’s the thing…don’t come on here tomorrow bragging about the Braves. You have given up on them Craig. You lose all bragging privileges. If anything I CAN BRAG about the Braves more than you can because I am picking them to beat the Giants in 4.

2. Craig Calcaterra - Oct 7, 2010 at 1:43 PM

See, the difference between you and me is that I wouldn’t brag on the Braves regardless. They are a baseball team I root for. They are not an institution by which I measure my happiness or pain. I’m happy when they win. I’m grumpy when they lose. But that’s the extent of it.
    If they win today — indeed, if they win the next 11 in a row and take the World Series — it will not change the fact that, as I speak, on October 7th 2010, I am not confident of their chances.

3. Chris Fiorentino - Oct 7, 2010 at 2:06 PM

LOL…what kind of fan are you? You do know that fan is short for “fanatic” right? Or are you just saying that because your blog is all official(NBC) and stuff now and you have to be that way? Say it ain’t so man…
    p.s. I’m doing an extensive internet search from when the Braves had the big three and I am going to find something out there that you wrote that was braggadocios about the Braves…I’ll find it…I know I will.

4. Utley's hair - Oct 7, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Hey, Craig, OctLoweber ranks just about the same level of lame as the Dwarves’ “Orange October,” so you’re good.

5. Mrsteve - Oct 7, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Craig,
    Halladay was getting the pitches just like the 95 Braves.

Papelbon destined to be traded?
  1. G. Stanton (3475)