Oct 7, 2010, 5:40 PM EST
Could they have reviewed that play as quick as they talked about it? Probably. It takes the same amount of time. To me, that’s the great thing about technology. They can slow everything down. And there’s different things you can do. You could have an umpire right in front of a TV. They could do that. So it could actually speed up the game.
Girardi added that he’d be in favor of replay “as long as it doesn’t slow the games down,” which as Wallace Matthews of ESPNNewYork.com points out is an amusing statement coming from the guy who manages the team that plays the slowest games in baseball. None of which is to suggest that Girardi is anything but right on the money, of course.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)