Oct 7, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Could they have reviewed that play as quick as they talked about it? Probably. It takes the same amount of time. To me, that’s the great thing about technology. They can slow everything down. And there’s different things you can do. You could have an umpire right in front of a TV. They could do that. So it could actually speed up the game.
Girardi added that he’d be in favor of replay “as long as it doesn’t slow the games down,” which as Wallace Matthews of ESPNNewYork.com points out is an amusing statement coming from the guy who manages the team that plays the slowest games in baseball. None of which is to suggest that Girardi is anything but right on the money, of course.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)