Oct 7, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
The Daily News is reporting that Francisco Rodriguez is in talks with prosecutors in hopes of reaching a plea agreement. You’ll note that the Daily News refers to this as “copping a plea” because they like to make people they find distasteful sound like lowlifes.
Given that K-Rod faces little if any jail time over this, and given that he has a much bigger fight on his hands with respect to his contract battle with the Mets, he’d be wise to settle this as quickly as possible.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 27
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 64
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)