Oct 7, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
The Daily News is reporting that Francisco Rodriguez is in talks with prosecutors in hopes of reaching a plea agreement. You’ll note that the Daily News refers to this as “copping a plea” because they like to make people they find distasteful sound like lowlifes.
Given that K-Rod faces little if any jail time over this, and given that he has a much bigger fight on his hands with respect to his contract battle with the Mets, he’d be wise to settle this as quickly as possible.
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 2
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)