Oct 7, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
The Daily News is reporting that Francisco Rodriguez is in talks with prosecutors in hopes of reaching a plea agreement. You’ll note that the Daily News refers to this as “copping a plea” because they like to make people they find distasteful sound like lowlifes.
Given that K-Rod faces little if any jail time over this, and given that he has a much bigger fight on his hands with respect to his contract battle with the Mets, he’d be wise to settle this as quickly as possible.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 21
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)