Oct 7, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
The Daily News is reporting that Francisco Rodriguez is in talks with prosecutors in hopes of reaching a plea agreement. You’ll note that the Daily News refers to this as “copping a plea” because they like to make people they find distasteful sound like lowlifes.
Given that K-Rod faces little if any jail time over this, and given that he has a much bigger fight on his hands with respect to his contract battle with the Mets, he’d be wise to settle this as quickly as possible.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)