Oct 7, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
The Daily News is reporting that Francisco Rodriguez is in talks with prosecutors in hopes of reaching a plea agreement. You’ll note that the Daily News refers to this as “copping a plea” because they like to make people they find distasteful sound like lowlifes.
Given that K-Rod faces little if any jail time over this, and given that he has a much bigger fight on his hands with respect to his contract battle with the Mets, he’d be wise to settle this as quickly as possible.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)