Oct 7, 2010, 3:45 PM EST
Last night they faced left-hander CC Sabathia and tonight they’re facing fellow southpaw Andy Pettitte, so the Twins are sticking with the same lineup as Game 1 of the ALDS.
However, the Yankees have switched things up with right-hander Carl Pavano on the mound, changing things a bit from the lineup they sent out against lefty Francisco Liriano in Game 1.
GAME 1 GAME 2 Derek Jeter, SS Derek Jeter, SS Nick Swisher, RF Curtis Granderson, CF Mark Teixeira, 1B Mark Teixeira, 1B Alex Rodriguez, 3B Alex Rodriguez, 3B Robinson Cano, 2B Robinson Cano, 2B Marcus Thames, DH Nick Swisher, RF Jorge Posada, C Jorge Posada, C Curtis Granderson, CF Lance Berkman, DH Brett Gardner, LF Brett Gardner, LF
Marcus Thames and Lance Berkman are basically in a platoon at designated hitter, so Berkman gets the nod against a righty. And while you wouldn’t know it based on his two-run triple off Liriano last night Curtis Granderson is significantly better versus righties, so he moves up from eighth to second in the lineup while Nick Swisher slides down from second to sixth.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)