Oct 7, 2010, 3:45 PM EDT
Last night they faced left-hander CC Sabathia and tonight they’re facing fellow southpaw Andy Pettitte, so the Twins are sticking with the same lineup as Game 1 of the ALDS.
However, the Yankees have switched things up with right-hander Carl Pavano on the mound, changing things a bit from the lineup they sent out against lefty Francisco Liriano in Game 1.
GAME 1 GAME 2 Derek Jeter, SS Derek Jeter, SS Nick Swisher, RF Curtis Granderson, CF Mark Teixeira, 1B Mark Teixeira, 1B Alex Rodriguez, 3B Alex Rodriguez, 3B Robinson Cano, 2B Robinson Cano, 2B Marcus Thames, DH Nick Swisher, RF Jorge Posada, C Jorge Posada, C Curtis Granderson, CF Lance Berkman, DH Brett Gardner, LF Brett Gardner, LF
Marcus Thames and Lance Berkman are basically in a platoon at designated hitter, so Berkman gets the nod against a righty. And while you wouldn’t know it based on his two-run triple off Liriano last night Curtis Granderson is significantly better versus righties, so he moves up from eighth to second in the lineup while Nick Swisher slides down from second to sixth.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)