Oct 8, 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
I find it funny that almost no one on the planet is buying in to that New York Times article about Lincecum’s performance being “more impressive” than Halladay’s, yet multiple people are nonetheless deciding that the “smart guys” (read: stat geeks in their mom’s basements) got this one all wrong. No, actually, just one did, and he doesn’t speak for everyone.
Anyway, let’s not debate that right now. Let’s look at another debate. World Series perfect game-spinner Don Larsen vs. NLDS no-hittersmith Roy Halladay. That’s what Alok Pattani of ESPN New York is analyzing here, and it’s worth a read.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 20
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)