Oct 8, 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
I find it funny that almost no one on the planet is buying in to that New York Times article about Lincecum’s performance being “more impressive” than Halladay’s, yet multiple people are nonetheless deciding that the “smart guys” (read: stat geeks in their mom’s basements) got this one all wrong. No, actually, just one did, and he doesn’t speak for everyone.
Anyway, let’s not debate that right now. Let’s look at another debate. World Series perfect game-spinner Don Larsen vs. NLDS no-hittersmith Roy Halladay. That’s what Alok Pattani of ESPN New York is analyzing here, and it’s worth a read.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)