Oct 8, 2010, 4:10 PM EST
I find it funny that almost no one on the planet is buying in to that New York Times article about Lincecum’s performance being “more impressive” than Halladay’s, yet multiple people are nonetheless deciding that the “smart guys” (read: stat geeks in their mom’s basements) got this one all wrong. No, actually, just one did, and he doesn’t speak for everyone.
Anyway, let’s not debate that right now. Let’s look at another debate. World Series perfect game-spinner Don Larsen vs. NLDS no-hittersmith Roy Halladay. That’s what Alok Pattani of ESPN New York is analyzing here, and it’s worth a read.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 47
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (246)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (97)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)