Oct 8, 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
I find it funny that almost no one on the planet is buying in to that New York Times article about Lincecum’s performance being “more impressive” than Halladay’s, yet multiple people are nonetheless deciding that the “smart guys” (read: stat geeks in their mom’s basements) got this one all wrong. No, actually, just one did, and he doesn’t speak for everyone.
Anyway, let’s not debate that right now. Let’s look at another debate. World Series perfect game-spinner Don Larsen vs. NLDS no-hittersmith Roy Halladay. That’s what Alok Pattani of ESPN New York is analyzing here, and it’s worth a read.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 28
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 44
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 46
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 39
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)