Oct 8, 2010, 4:10 PM EST
I find it funny that almost no one on the planet is buying in to that New York Times article about Lincecum’s performance being “more impressive” than Halladay’s, yet multiple people are nonetheless deciding that the “smart guys” (read: stat geeks in their mom’s basements) got this one all wrong. No, actually, just one did, and he doesn’t speak for everyone.
Anyway, let’s not debate that right now. Let’s look at another debate. World Series perfect game-spinner Don Larsen vs. NLDS no-hittersmith Roy Halladay. That’s what Alok Pattani of ESPN New York is analyzing here, and it’s worth a read.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)