Oct 8, 2010, 8:01 PM EDT
We’ve got ourselves a ballgame, folks.
The Phillies just scored a pair on a bases-loaded single by Chase Utley, narrowing the gap to 4-2 through five innings. Just don’t blame Bronson Arroyo here. The normally sure-handed Brandon Phillips and Scott Rolen set up the two-run single by committing consecutive errors with two outs during the frame. Arroyo was able to escape further damage by striking out Ryan Howard swinging.
Roy Oswalt is done for the night. He gave up four runs — three of them earned — on four hits while walking one and fanning five. Brandon Phillips and Jay Bruce each hit solo homers. Excluding his final two outings of the season, this was his shortest start since July 24, which also was against the Reds.
By the way, Phillips is currently 3-for-3 with two runs scored and sits a triple away from the first ever postseason cycle.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)