Oct 8, 2010, 8:01 PM EDT
We’ve got ourselves a ballgame, folks.
The Phillies just scored a pair on a bases-loaded single by Chase Utley, narrowing the gap to 4-2 through five innings. Just don’t blame Bronson Arroyo here. The normally sure-handed Brandon Phillips and Scott Rolen set up the two-run single by committing consecutive errors with two outs during the frame. Arroyo was able to escape further damage by striking out Ryan Howard swinging.
Roy Oswalt is done for the night. He gave up four runs — three of them earned — on four hits while walking one and fanning five. Brandon Phillips and Jay Bruce each hit solo homers. Excluding his final two outings of the season, this was his shortest start since July 24, which also was against the Reds.
By the way, Phillips is currently 3-for-3 with two runs scored and sits a triple away from the first ever postseason cycle.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)