Oct 8, 2010, 8:01 PM EST
We’ve got ourselves a ballgame, folks.
The Phillies just scored a pair on a bases-loaded single by Chase Utley, narrowing the gap to 4-2 through five innings. Just don’t blame Bronson Arroyo here. The normally sure-handed Brandon Phillips and Scott Rolen set up the two-run single by committing consecutive errors with two outs during the frame. Arroyo was able to escape further damage by striking out Ryan Howard swinging.
Roy Oswalt is done for the night. He gave up four runs — three of them earned — on four hits while walking one and fanning five. Brandon Phillips and Jay Bruce each hit solo homers. Excluding his final two outings of the season, this was his shortest start since July 24, which also was against the Reds.
By the way, Phillips is currently 3-for-3 with two runs scored and sits a triple away from the first ever postseason cycle.
- Report: Mariners break off talks with Robinson Cano after Jay Z “overplayed his hand” 72
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)