Oct 9, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
David Murphy is back in the starting lineup for Game 3 of the ALDS against the Rays this afternoon, according to Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. He’ll start in left field and bat seventh against Matt Garza.
Murphy has been sidelined since last Wednesday due to a strained left groin. Jeff Francoeur started against left-hander David Price in Game 1 of the series, while Julio Borbon was in the lineup for Game 2 against James Shields.
Murphy isn’t much to write home about against left-handed pitching, but he has an 842 career OPS against right-handed pitching, including a .298/.368/.479 batting line to go along with 11 homers, 50 RBI and an 847 OPS this season.
Bengie Molina, who was the unlikely hitting star in Game 1, is back behind the plate Saturday, batting eighth.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 53
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)