Oct 9, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
David Murphy is back in the starting lineup for Game 3 of the ALDS against the Rays this afternoon, according to Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. He’ll start in left field and bat seventh against Matt Garza.
Murphy has been sidelined since last Wednesday due to a strained left groin. Jeff Francoeur started against left-hander David Price in Game 1 of the series, while Julio Borbon was in the lineup for Game 2 against James Shields.
Murphy isn’t much to write home about against left-handed pitching, but he has an 842 career OPS against right-handed pitching, including a .298/.368/.479 batting line to go along with 11 homers, 50 RBI and an 847 OPS this season.
Bengie Molina, who was the unlikely hitting star in Game 1, is back behind the plate Saturday, batting eighth.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)