Oct 9, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
David Murphy is back in the starting lineup for Game 3 of the ALDS against the Rays this afternoon, according to Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. He’ll start in left field and bat seventh against Matt Garza.
Murphy has been sidelined since last Wednesday due to a strained left groin. Jeff Francoeur started against left-hander David Price in Game 1 of the series, while Julio Borbon was in the lineup for Game 2 against James Shields.
Murphy isn’t much to write home about against left-handed pitching, but he has an 842 career OPS against right-handed pitching, including a .298/.368/.479 batting line to go along with 11 homers, 50 RBI and an 847 OPS this season.
Bengie Molina, who was the unlikely hitting star in Game 1, is back behind the plate Saturday, batting eighth.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 68
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 45
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106