Oct 9, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
David Murphy is back in the starting lineup for Game 3 of the ALDS against the Rays this afternoon, according to Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. He’ll start in left field and bat seventh against Matt Garza.
Murphy has been sidelined since last Wednesday due to a strained left groin. Jeff Francoeur started against left-hander David Price in Game 1 of the series, while Julio Borbon was in the lineup for Game 2 against James Shields.
Murphy isn’t much to write home about against left-handed pitching, but he has an 842 career OPS against right-handed pitching, including a .298/.368/.479 batting line to go along with 11 homers, 50 RBI and an 847 OPS this season.
Bengie Molina, who was the unlikely hitting star in Game 1, is back behind the plate Saturday, batting eighth.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 10
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 51
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 178
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (113)