Oct 9, 2010, 7:01 PM EST
Mariners catcher Josh Bard suffered minor injuries in a fatal one-car crash Thursday in Colorado, according to Ginger Delgado of KDVR.com.
Bard was the front-seat passenger in the crash, which killed Pat McKendry, a pastor of a local church in Denver. McKendry was not wearing his seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle. McKendry’s son, who was driving the vehicle, and Bard were wearing their seat belts and escaped with only minor injuries. The group was headed on a hunting trip when the rollover accident took place.
The accident is still under investigation, but officials say there was no alcohol or drugs involved.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)