Oct 9, 2010, 7:01 PM EST
Mariners catcher Josh Bard suffered minor injuries in a fatal one-car crash Thursday in Colorado, according to Ginger Delgado of KDVR.com.
Bard was the front-seat passenger in the crash, which killed Pat McKendry, a pastor of a local church in Denver. McKendry was not wearing his seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle. McKendry’s son, who was driving the vehicle, and Bard were wearing their seat belts and escaped with only minor injuries. The group was headed on a hunting trip when the rollover accident took place.
The accident is still under investigation, but officials say there was no alcohol or drugs involved.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)