Oct 9, 2010, 7:01 PM EST
Mariners catcher Josh Bard suffered minor injuries in a fatal one-car crash Thursday in Colorado, according to Ginger Delgado of KDVR.com.
Bard was the front-seat passenger in the crash, which killed Pat McKendry, a pastor of a local church in Denver. McKendry was not wearing his seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle. McKendry’s son, who was driving the vehicle, and Bard were wearing their seat belts and escaped with only minor injuries. The group was headed on a hunting trip when the rollover accident took place.
The accident is still under investigation, but officials say there was no alcohol or drugs involved.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 50
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 21
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)