Oct 9, 2010, 7:01 PM EDT
Mariners catcher Josh Bard suffered minor injuries in a fatal one-car crash Thursday in Colorado, according to Ginger Delgado of KDVR.com.
Bard was the front-seat passenger in the crash, which killed Pat McKendry, a pastor of a local church in Denver. McKendry was not wearing his seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle. McKendry’s son, who was driving the vehicle, and Bard were wearing their seat belts and escaped with only minor injuries. The group was headed on a hunting trip when the rollover accident took place.
The accident is still under investigation, but officials say there was no alcohol or drugs involved.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 136
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (146)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)