Oct 9, 2010, 7:01 PM EDT
Mariners catcher Josh Bard suffered minor injuries in a fatal one-car crash Thursday in Colorado, according to Ginger Delgado of KDVR.com.
Bard was the front-seat passenger in the crash, which killed Pat McKendry, a pastor of a local church in Denver. McKendry was not wearing his seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle. McKendry’s son, who was driving the vehicle, and Bard were wearing their seat belts and escaped with only minor injuries. The group was headed on a hunting trip when the rollover accident took place.
The accident is still under investigation, but officials say there was no alcohol or drugs involved.
- Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records 5
- What Bryan Price’s rant was really all about 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 32
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)