Oct 9, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
According to Ian Begley of ESPNNewYork.com, New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg said during his weekly spot on WOR-AM that he has already begun planning the Yankees’ World Series parade.
sort of trying to figure out where the parade should start,” the mayor
said Friday on his weekly radio show. “We have to plan.”
You know, since it’s been so long since they’ve had one.
Yankees manager Joe Girardi told Chad Jennings of the Journal News that he appreciates the mayor’s optimism and realizes the amount of planning involved with such a massive undertaking.
“I hope the Mayor is right,” Joe Girardi said. “I imagine that there’s a
lot of planning that goes into something like that. And they just can’t
do it overnight. I wouldn’t think they were in major stages of it. But
I’m sure they have to have a preliminary conversation when he gets time.
I hope he’s right.”
This was a missed opportunity for Girardi to say, “That’s logistics.“
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)