Oct 9, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
According to Ian Begley of ESPNNewYork.com, New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg said during his weekly spot on WOR-AM that he has already begun planning the Yankees’ World Series parade.
sort of trying to figure out where the parade should start,” the mayor
said Friday on his weekly radio show. “We have to plan.”
You know, since it’s been so long since they’ve had one.
Yankees manager Joe Girardi told Chad Jennings of the Journal News that he appreciates the mayor’s optimism and realizes the amount of planning involved with such a massive undertaking.
“I hope the Mayor is right,” Joe Girardi said. “I imagine that there’s a
lot of planning that goes into something like that. And they just can’t
do it overnight. I wouldn’t think they were in major stages of it. But
I’m sure they have to have a preliminary conversation when he gets time.
I hope he’s right.”
This was a missed opportunity for Girardi to say, “That’s logistics.“
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 44
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 4
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 57
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)