Oct 9, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
According to Ian Begley of ESPNNewYork.com, New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg said during his weekly spot on WOR-AM that he has already begun planning the Yankees’ World Series parade.
sort of trying to figure out where the parade should start,” the mayor
said Friday on his weekly radio show. “We have to plan.”
You know, since it’s been so long since they’ve had one.
Yankees manager Joe Girardi told Chad Jennings of the Journal News that he appreciates the mayor’s optimism and realizes the amount of planning involved with such a massive undertaking.
“I hope the Mayor is right,” Joe Girardi said. “I imagine that there’s a
lot of planning that goes into something like that. And they just can’t
do it overnight. I wouldn’t think they were in major stages of it. But
I’m sure they have to have a preliminary conversation when he gets time.
I hope he’s right.”
This was a missed opportunity for Girardi to say, “That’s logistics.“
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 5
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 4
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 3
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)