Oct 9, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
According to Ian Begley of ESPNNewYork.com, New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg said during his weekly spot on WOR-AM that he has already begun planning the Yankees’ World Series parade.
sort of trying to figure out where the parade should start,” the mayor
said Friday on his weekly radio show. “We have to plan.”
You know, since it’s been so long since they’ve had one.
Yankees manager Joe Girardi told Chad Jennings of the Journal News that he appreciates the mayor’s optimism and realizes the amount of planning involved with such a massive undertaking.
“I hope the Mayor is right,” Joe Girardi said. “I imagine that there’s a
lot of planning that goes into something like that. And they just can’t
do it overnight. I wouldn’t think they were in major stages of it. But
I’m sure they have to have a preliminary conversation when he gets time.
I hope he’s right.”
This was a missed opportunity for Girardi to say, “That’s logistics.“
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)