Oct 10, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
Time to check in on Chipper Jones.
The veteran third baseman was shut down for the season after tearing the ACL in his left knee. He had surgery about a month ago but is already performing a wide range of baseball-related exercises and should be ready to go by the start of spring training next season. This according to MLB.com’s Barry Bloom.
“I’m swinging the bat, running, riding the bike, I’m doing well,” Jones
said Friday night in San Francisco. “It’s almost eight weeks out and it
couldn’t be any better. I feel like I could go out there and play right
now. The reality is the doctors aren’t going to let me do that.”
Chipper hit .265/.381/.426 this season with 10 homers and 46 RBI in 317 at-bats. He turns 39 next June.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 68
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)