Oct 10, 2010, 4:50 PM EST
This is great.
According to a blog post on the Cincinnati Enquirer’s website (with picture included!), Phillies starter Cole Hamels was spotted having a pre-game lunch and enjoying some Sunday afternoon football at a sports bar called Cadillac Ranch in downtown Cincy.
Hamels is scheduled to start Game 3 tonight against Reds righty Johnny Cueto and can knock the opposition out of the postseason. Aware of that, a couple of Reds supporters sent Hamels two shots of tequila in an effort to knock him off his game.
Hamels, of course, denied the drinks and a few Phillies fans swooped in to take advantage of the already-poured liquor, telling the left-hander “You can’t drink those!”
“A” for effort, Cincinnati.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)