Oct 10, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
This is great.
According to a blog post on the Cincinnati Enquirer’s website (with picture included!), Phillies starter Cole Hamels was spotted having a pre-game lunch and enjoying some Sunday afternoon football at a sports bar called Cadillac Ranch in downtown Cincy.
Hamels is scheduled to start Game 3 tonight against Reds righty Johnny Cueto and can knock the opposition out of the postseason. Aware of that, a couple of Reds supporters sent Hamels two shots of tequila in an effort to knock him off his game.
Hamels, of course, denied the drinks and a few Phillies fans swooped in to take advantage of the already-poured liquor, telling the left-hander “You can’t drink those!”
“A” for effort, Cincinnati.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 19
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 128
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (131)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)