Oct 10, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
This is great.
According to a blog post on the Cincinnati Enquirer’s website (with picture included!), Phillies starter Cole Hamels was spotted having a pre-game lunch and enjoying some Sunday afternoon football at a sports bar called Cadillac Ranch in downtown Cincy.
Hamels is scheduled to start Game 3 tonight against Reds righty Johnny Cueto and can knock the opposition out of the postseason. Aware of that, a couple of Reds supporters sent Hamels two shots of tequila in an effort to knock him off his game.
Hamels, of course, denied the drinks and a few Phillies fans swooped in to take advantage of the already-poured liquor, telling the left-hander “You can’t drink those!”
“A” for effort, Cincinnati.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 10
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 14
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 57
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)