Oct 10, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
This is great.
According to a blog post on the Cincinnati Enquirer’s website (with picture included!), Phillies starter Cole Hamels was spotted having a pre-game lunch and enjoying some Sunday afternoon football at a sports bar called Cadillac Ranch in downtown Cincy.
Hamels is scheduled to start Game 3 tonight against Reds righty Johnny Cueto and can knock the opposition out of the postseason. Aware of that, a couple of Reds supporters sent Hamels two shots of tequila in an effort to knock him off his game.
Hamels, of course, denied the drinks and a few Phillies fans swooped in to take advantage of the already-poured liquor, telling the left-hander “You can’t drink those!”
“A” for effort, Cincinnati.
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 26
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)