Oct 10, 2010, 12:56 PM EDT
As expected, Giants manager Bruce Bochy has benched Pablo Sandoval and will start Mike Fontenot at third base in Game 3 of the NLDS Sunday against the Braves. This from Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle.
“Kung Fu Panda” hit just .268/.323/.409 with 13 home runs over 563 at-bats during a disappointing regular season and is 1-for-6 with two strikeouts since the playoffs began. He also made a crucial throwing error that led to the Braves’ comeback victory in Game 2.
The Giants are tied at a game apiece in their five-game series with the Atlanta. Tim Hudson takes the mound this afternoon against Jonathan Sanchez.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 34
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 18
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 23
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)