Oct 10, 2010, 12:56 PM EST
As expected, Giants manager Bruce Bochy has benched Pablo Sandoval and will start Mike Fontenot at third base in Game 3 of the NLDS Sunday against the Braves. This from Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle.
“Kung Fu Panda” hit just .268/.323/.409 with 13 home runs over 563 at-bats during a disappointing regular season and is 1-for-6 with two strikeouts since the playoffs began. He also made a crucial throwing error that led to the Braves’ comeback victory in Game 2.
The Giants are tied at a game apiece in their five-game series with the Atlanta. Tim Hudson takes the mound this afternoon against Jonathan Sanchez.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 19
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 29
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 92
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)