Oct 10, 2010, 12:56 PM EDT
As expected, Giants manager Bruce Bochy has benched Pablo Sandoval and will start Mike Fontenot at third base in Game 3 of the NLDS Sunday against the Braves. This from Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle.
“Kung Fu Panda” hit just .268/.323/.409 with 13 home runs over 563 at-bats during a disappointing regular season and is 1-for-6 with two strikeouts since the playoffs began. He also made a crucial throwing error that led to the Braves’ comeback victory in Game 2.
The Giants are tied at a game apiece in their five-game series with the Atlanta. Tim Hudson takes the mound this afternoon against Jonathan Sanchez.
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 0
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 35
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)