Oct 10, 2010, 12:56 PM EST
As expected, Giants manager Bruce Bochy has benched Pablo Sandoval and will start Mike Fontenot at third base in Game 3 of the NLDS Sunday against the Braves. This from Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle.
“Kung Fu Panda” hit just .268/.323/.409 with 13 home runs over 563 at-bats during a disappointing regular season and is 1-for-6 with two strikeouts since the playoffs began. He also made a crucial throwing error that led to the Braves’ comeback victory in Game 2.
The Giants are tied at a game apiece in their five-game series with the Atlanta. Tim Hudson takes the mound this afternoon against Jonathan Sanchez.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (118)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)