Oct 11, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
Joe Girardi just announced that the Yankees will go with a four-man rotation in the ALCS, and that the fourth man will almost certainly be A.J. Burnett.
That may give some people the willies, but if you’re going to go with four, I don’t see any other choice but to go with Burnett. Who else ya gonna use? Javy? Please. So, in Game 4, Yankees fans need to hope that Burnett pitchers like he usually does against the Orioles, that the hitters score a dozen runs or both.
Or, I suppose, they can hope that the team sweeps the World Series in three games. I mean, they’re the Yankees after all. Why can’t they?
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)