Oct 11, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
Joe Girardi just announced that the Yankees will go with a four-man rotation in the ALCS, and that the fourth man will almost certainly be A.J. Burnett.
That may give some people the willies, but if you’re going to go with four, I don’t see any other choice but to go with Burnett. Who else ya gonna use? Javy? Please. So, in Game 4, Yankees fans need to hope that Burnett pitchers like he usually does against the Orioles, that the hitters score a dozen runs or both.
Or, I suppose, they can hope that the team sweeps the World Series in three games. I mean, they’re the Yankees after all. Why can’t they?
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)