Oct 11, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
Joe Girardi just announced that the Yankees will go with a four-man rotation in the ALCS, and that the fourth man will almost certainly be A.J. Burnett.
That may give some people the willies, but if you’re going to go with four, I don’t see any other choice but to go with Burnett. Who else ya gonna use? Javy? Please. So, in Game 4, Yankees fans need to hope that Burnett pitchers like he usually does against the Orioles, that the hitters score a dozen runs or both.
Or, I suppose, they can hope that the team sweeps the World Series in three games. I mean, they’re the Yankees after all. Why can’t they?
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 20
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)