Oct 11, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
Joe Girardi just announced that the Yankees will go with a four-man rotation in the ALCS, and that the fourth man will almost certainly be A.J. Burnett.
That may give some people the willies, but if you’re going to go with four, I don’t see any other choice but to go with Burnett. Who else ya gonna use? Javy? Please. So, in Game 4, Yankees fans need to hope that Burnett pitchers like he usually does against the Orioles, that the hitters score a dozen runs or both.
Or, I suppose, they can hope that the team sweeps the World Series in three games. I mean, they’re the Yankees after all. Why can’t they?
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)