Oct 11, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
When last the Marlins and Bobby Valentine spoke, it was in anger. Serious anger, with Bobby V. fuming over the unprofessional manner in which he was informed he was not a candidate to replace Fredi Gonzalez in the middle of the season. I guess we need to stop livin’ in the past, man, because the Palm Beach Post is reporting that Valentine is a “leading candidate” for the Marlins job.
Know what would be awesome? If Valentine got an offer from Jeff Loria and then went on ESPN to publicly accept an offer from some other team before talking to him about it.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)