Oct 11, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
When last the Marlins and Bobby Valentine spoke, it was in anger. Serious anger, with Bobby V. fuming over the unprofessional manner in which he was informed he was not a candidate to replace Fredi Gonzalez in the middle of the season. I guess we need to stop livin’ in the past, man, because the Palm Beach Post is reporting that Valentine is a “leading candidate” for the Marlins job.
Know what would be awesome? If Valentine got an offer from Jeff Loria and then went on ESPN to publicly accept an offer from some other team before talking to him about it.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)