Oct 11, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
When last the Marlins and Bobby Valentine spoke, it was in anger. Serious anger, with Bobby V. fuming over the unprofessional manner in which he was informed he was not a candidate to replace Fredi Gonzalez in the middle of the season. I guess we need to stop livin’ in the past, man, because the Palm Beach Post is reporting that Valentine is a “leading candidate” for the Marlins job.
Know what would be awesome? If Valentine got an offer from Jeff Loria and then went on ESPN to publicly accept an offer from some other team before talking to him about it.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 3
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 20
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 217
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (217)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)