Oct 11, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
When last the Marlins and Bobby Valentine spoke, it was in anger. Serious anger, with Bobby V. fuming over the unprofessional manner in which he was informed he was not a candidate to replace Fredi Gonzalez in the middle of the season. I guess we need to stop livin’ in the past, man, because the Palm Beach Post is reporting that Valentine is a “leading candidate” for the Marlins job.
Know what would be awesome? If Valentine got an offer from Jeff Loria and then went on ESPN to publicly accept an offer from some other team before talking to him about it.
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 52
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 46
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 112
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (190)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)