Oct 11, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
When last the Marlins and Bobby Valentine spoke, it was in anger. Serious anger, with Bobby V. fuming over the unprofessional manner in which he was informed he was not a candidate to replace Fredi Gonzalez in the middle of the season. I guess we need to stop livin’ in the past, man, because the Palm Beach Post is reporting that Valentine is a “leading candidate” for the Marlins job.
Know what would be awesome? If Valentine got an offer from Jeff Loria and then went on ESPN to publicly accept an offer from some other team before talking to him about it.
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 13
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 30
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 17
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 143
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)