Oct 11, 2010, 8:30 PM EST
Brian McCann just got the Braves on the board first against the Giants, delivering a sacrifice fly for an early 1-0 lead as we head to the top of the fourth inning. The run was set up by back-to-back singles by Omar Infante and Matt Diaz to begin the inning.
Madison Bumgarner has thrown 50 pitches over the first three innings, allowing four hits and walking one, so he might not be long for this game. Giants pitching coach Dave Righetti visited him during the bottom of the third inning while right-hander Guillermo Mota was up in the bullpen.
While Bumgarner has labored in his first career playoff start, Derek Lowe has been perfect through the first three innings. The veteran right-hander has thrown 26 out of his first 41 pitches for strikes, fanning four.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)