Oct 11, 2010, 8:30 PM EST
Brian McCann just got the Braves on the board first against the Giants, delivering a sacrifice fly for an early 1-0 lead as we head to the top of the fourth inning. The run was set up by back-to-back singles by Omar Infante and Matt Diaz to begin the inning.
Madison Bumgarner has thrown 50 pitches over the first three innings, allowing four hits and walking one, so he might not be long for this game. Giants pitching coach Dave Righetti visited him during the bottom of the third inning while right-hander Guillermo Mota was up in the bullpen.
While Bumgarner has labored in his first career playoff start, Derek Lowe has been perfect through the first three innings. The veteran right-hander has thrown 26 out of his first 41 pitches for strikes, fanning four.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)