Oct 11, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Brian McCann just got the Braves on the board first against the Giants, delivering a sacrifice fly for an early 1-0 lead as we head to the top of the fourth inning. The run was set up by back-to-back singles by Omar Infante and Matt Diaz to begin the inning.
Madison Bumgarner has thrown 50 pitches over the first three innings, allowing four hits and walking one, so he might not be long for this game. Giants pitching coach Dave Righetti visited him during the bottom of the third inning while right-hander Guillermo Mota was up in the bullpen.
While Bumgarner has labored in his first career playoff start, Derek Lowe has been perfect through the first three innings. The veteran right-hander has thrown 26 out of his first 41 pitches for strikes, fanning four.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)