Oct 11, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Brian McCann just got the Braves on the board first against the Giants, delivering a sacrifice fly for an early 1-0 lead as we head to the top of the fourth inning. The run was set up by back-to-back singles by Omar Infante and Matt Diaz to begin the inning.
Madison Bumgarner has thrown 50 pitches over the first three innings, allowing four hits and walking one, so he might not be long for this game. Giants pitching coach Dave Righetti visited him during the bottom of the third inning while right-hander Guillermo Mota was up in the bullpen.
While Bumgarner has labored in his first career playoff start, Derek Lowe has been perfect through the first three innings. The veteran right-hander has thrown 26 out of his first 41 pitches for strikes, fanning four.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)