Oct 11, 2010, 9:16 PM EDT
It looks like another nail-biter as we move to the top of the seventh inning at Turner Field.
Cody Ross homered to tie the game at 1-1 in the top of the sixth inning — the first Giants’ hit of the evening, by the way — but Brian McCann just answered with a solo home run of his own to give the Braves a 2-1 advantage.
Derek Lowe has been nothing short of fantastic on three days’ rest, striking out eight and walking none. Interestingly, before the homer by Ross in the top of the sixth, Nate Schierholz was in the on-deck circle to bat for Madison Bumgarner. Giants manager Bruce Bochy left Bumgarner in after the home run, only to see him give up the leadoff blast to McCann in the bottom of the frame.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)