Oct 11, 2010, 9:16 PM EDT
It looks like another nail-biter as we move to the top of the seventh inning at Turner Field.
Cody Ross homered to tie the game at 1-1 in the top of the sixth inning — the first Giants’ hit of the evening, by the way — but Brian McCann just answered with a solo home run of his own to give the Braves a 2-1 advantage.
Derek Lowe has been nothing short of fantastic on three days’ rest, striking out eight and walking none. Interestingly, before the homer by Ross in the top of the sixth, Nate Schierholz was in the on-deck circle to bat for Madison Bumgarner. Giants manager Bruce Bochy left Bumgarner in after the home run, only to see him give up the leadoff blast to McCann in the bottom of the frame.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 0
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 1
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)