Oct 11, 2010, 9:16 PM EDT
It looks like another nail-biter as we move to the top of the seventh inning at Turner Field.
Cody Ross homered to tie the game at 1-1 in the top of the sixth inning — the first Giants’ hit of the evening, by the way — but Brian McCann just answered with a solo home run of his own to give the Braves a 2-1 advantage.
Derek Lowe has been nothing short of fantastic on three days’ rest, striking out eight and walking none. Interestingly, before the homer by Ross in the top of the sixth, Nate Schierholz was in the on-deck circle to bat for Madison Bumgarner. Giants manager Bruce Bochy left Bumgarner in after the home run, only to see him give up the leadoff blast to McCann in the bottom of the frame.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (85)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (79)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (75)