Oct 11, 2010, 9:16 PM EDT
It looks like another nail-biter as we move to the top of the seventh inning at Turner Field.
Cody Ross homered to tie the game at 1-1 in the top of the sixth inning — the first Giants’ hit of the evening, by the way — but Brian McCann just answered with a solo home run of his own to give the Braves a 2-1 advantage.
Derek Lowe has been nothing short of fantastic on three days’ rest, striking out eight and walking none. Interestingly, before the homer by Ross in the top of the sixth, Nate Schierholz was in the on-deck circle to bat for Madison Bumgarner. Giants manager Bruce Bochy left Bumgarner in after the home run, only to see him give up the leadoff blast to McCann in the bottom of the frame.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 28
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 102
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32