Oct 11, 2010, 9:16 PM EDT
It looks like another nail-biter as we move to the top of the seventh inning at Turner Field.
Cody Ross homered to tie the game at 1-1 in the top of the sixth inning — the first Giants’ hit of the evening, by the way — but Brian McCann just answered with a solo home run of his own to give the Braves a 2-1 advantage.
Derek Lowe has been nothing short of fantastic on three days’ rest, striking out eight and walking none. Interestingly, before the homer by Ross in the top of the sixth, Nate Schierholz was in the on-deck circle to bat for Madison Bumgarner. Giants manager Bruce Bochy left Bumgarner in after the home run, only to see him give up the leadoff blast to McCann in the bottom of the frame.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)