Oct 11, 2010, 9:42 AM EDT
Oh jeez. Can’t we even wait until the World Series is over to start this stuff again?
Johnny Damon will be wearing a new hat next season and he is very open to it having NY on the front of it. “I
would love to have that as an option,” Damon told The Post when asked
if Johnny II in The Bronx were a possibility. “It would be very exciting
to go back there.”
I don’t have any more desire to see the Yankees dominance continue than the rest of you non-Yankees fans do, but if I had one wish for the hot stove season it would be for New York to sign Adam Dunn on the first day they are eligible to do so, thereby putting the kibosh on three months worth of the Johnny Damon cha-cha like we had last winter.
But if that doesn’t happen, hey, at least I have about 40 or 50 blog posts in the can on the subject from winter 2009-10, so it will lighten the workload a bit.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 8
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 33
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 21
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)