Oct 11, 2010, 3:15 PM EST
While cleaning out his locker at Target Field this afternoon Michael Cuddyer revealed that he’s scheduled to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery.
Cuddyer told reporters that his right knee bothered him for “pretty much the whole season,” which perhaps helps explain his hitting just .259/.322/.382 over the final two months. He also struggled defensively after replacing an injured Justin Morneau as the Twins’ everyday first baseman.
Cuddyer earned $8.5 million this season while producing a measly .417 slugging percentage and is owed $10.5 million for next season after the Twins picked up his option rather than exercise a $1 million buyout.
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a deal with Hanley Ramirez 16
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 18
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)