Oct 11, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
While cleaning out his locker at Target Field this afternoon Michael Cuddyer revealed that he’s scheduled to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery.
Cuddyer told reporters that his right knee bothered him for “pretty much the whole season,” which perhaps helps explain his hitting just .259/.322/.382 over the final two months. He also struggled defensively after replacing an injured Justin Morneau as the Twins’ everyday first baseman.
Cuddyer earned $8.5 million this season while producing a measly .417 slugging percentage and is owed $10.5 million for next season after the Twins picked up his option rather than exercise a $1 million buyout.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)