Oct 11, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
While cleaning out his locker at Target Field this afternoon Michael Cuddyer revealed that he’s scheduled to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery.
Cuddyer told reporters that his right knee bothered him for “pretty much the whole season,” which perhaps helps explain his hitting just .259/.322/.382 over the final two months. He also struggled defensively after replacing an injured Justin Morneau as the Twins’ everyday first baseman.
Cuddyer earned $8.5 million this season while producing a measly .417 slugging percentage and is owed $10.5 million for next season after the Twins picked up his option rather than exercise a $1 million buyout.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)