Oct 11, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
While cleaning out his locker at Target Field this afternoon Michael Cuddyer revealed that he’s scheduled to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery.
Cuddyer told reporters that his right knee bothered him for “pretty much the whole season,” which perhaps helps explain his hitting just .259/.322/.382 over the final two months. He also struggled defensively after replacing an injured Justin Morneau as the Twins’ everyday first baseman.
Cuddyer earned $8.5 million this season while producing a measly .417 slugging percentage and is owed $10.5 million for next season after the Twins picked up his option rather than exercise a $1 million buyout.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 17
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 10
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)