Oct 11, 2010, 3:15 PM EST
While cleaning out his locker at Target Field this afternoon Michael Cuddyer revealed that he’s scheduled to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery.
Cuddyer told reporters that his right knee bothered him for “pretty much the whole season,” which perhaps helps explain his hitting just .259/.322/.382 over the final two months. He also struggled defensively after replacing an injured Justin Morneau as the Twins’ everyday first baseman.
Cuddyer earned $8.5 million this season while producing a measly .417 slugging percentage and is owed $10.5 million for next season after the Twins picked up his option rather than exercise a $1 million buyout.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)