Oct 11, 2010, 8:52 AM EDT
History shows that you can win a World Series with dominant pitching. But life is always better if you can hit the ball too. Which the Phillies didn’t really do in their three games against the Reds: They hit .212/.301/.273. with only four extra base hits in the whole series.
That’s certainly better than the Reds did, but since Phillies fans have most of the week to sit back, relax and think about stuff, they might as well think about that. Especially if the Giants beat the Braves tonight and they have to face a fully-rested Tim Lincecum in Game 1 of the NLCS.
(thanks to reader pcrm for the heads up on the Phillies batting line)
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 55
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 18
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29