Oct 11, 2010, 8:52 AM EDT
History shows that you can win a World Series with dominant pitching. But life is always better if you can hit the ball too. Which the Phillies didn’t really do in their three games against the Reds: They hit .212/.301/.273. with only four extra base hits in the whole series.
That’s certainly better than the Reds did, but since Phillies fans have most of the week to sit back, relax and think about stuff, they might as well think about that. Especially if the Giants beat the Braves tonight and they have to face a fully-rested Tim Lincecum in Game 1 of the NLCS.
(thanks to reader pcrm for the heads up on the Phillies batting line)
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)