Oct 11, 2010, 8:52 AM EST
History shows that you can win a World Series with dominant pitching. But life is always better if you can hit the ball too. Which the Phillies didn’t really do in their three games against the Reds: They hit .212/.301/.273. with only four extra base hits in the whole series.
That’s certainly better than the Reds did, but since Phillies fans have most of the week to sit back, relax and think about stuff, they might as well think about that. Especially if the Giants beat the Braves tonight and they have to face a fully-rested Tim Lincecum in Game 1 of the NLCS.
(thanks to reader pcrm for the heads up on the Phillies batting line)
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27