Oct 11, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Marc Topkin of the St. Pete Times says that the Rays are going to remove those blue tarps many of you have been mistaking for thousands of unsold seats and making the seats under the tarps available for Tuesday’s Game 5. That will mean room for 5,000 more fans, whom the Rays will charge $30 for the privilege.
Optimistic? Maybe. I think they’ll sell it out though. The weekend had to spark some hope and excitement in Rays
Universe Nation Country Neighborhood, right?
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)