Oct 12, 2010, 4:16 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for tonight’s Game 5 of the ALDS:
TAMPA BAY RAYS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Jason Bartlett, SS 1. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Ben Zobrist, RF 2. Michael Young, 3B 3. Carl Crawford, LF 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Evan Longoria, 3B 4. Vladimir Guerrero, DH 5. Carlos Pena, 1B 5. Nelson Cruz, LF 6. B.J. Upton, CF 6. Ian Kinsler, 2B 7. Dan Johnson, DH 7. Jeff Francoeur, RF 8. Kelly Shoppach, C 8. Bengie Molina, C 9. Sean Rodriguez, 2B 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B
Both teams have made some changes compared to the Game 1 lineups. Texas has benched Jorge Cantu in favor of Mitch Moreland at first base. Tampa Bay has replaced Rocco Baldelli with Dan Johnson at designated hitter while moving Ben Zobrist into the No. 2 spot and sliding B.J. Upton back into the No. 6 spot.
Josh Hamilton and Moreland are the only left-handed batters in the lineup against lefty David Price, while lefty bats Carl Crawford, Carlos Pena, and Johnson are in there versus southpaw Cliff Lee.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)