Oct 12, 2010, 4:16 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for tonight’s Game 5 of the ALDS:
TAMPA BAY RAYS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Jason Bartlett, SS 1. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Ben Zobrist, RF 2. Michael Young, 3B 3. Carl Crawford, LF 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Evan Longoria, 3B 4. Vladimir Guerrero, DH 5. Carlos Pena, 1B 5. Nelson Cruz, LF 6. B.J. Upton, CF 6. Ian Kinsler, 2B 7. Dan Johnson, DH 7. Jeff Francoeur, RF 8. Kelly Shoppach, C 8. Bengie Molina, C 9. Sean Rodriguez, 2B 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B
Both teams have made some changes compared to the Game 1 lineups. Texas has benched Jorge Cantu in favor of Mitch Moreland at first base. Tampa Bay has replaced Rocco Baldelli with Dan Johnson at designated hitter while moving Ben Zobrist into the No. 2 spot and sliding B.J. Upton back into the No. 6 spot.
Josh Hamilton and Moreland are the only left-handed batters in the lineup against lefty David Price, while lefty bats Carl Crawford, Carlos Pena, and Johnson are in there versus southpaw Cliff Lee.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17