Oct 12, 2010, 4:16 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for tonight’s Game 5 of the ALDS:
TAMPA BAY RAYS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Jason Bartlett, SS 1. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Ben Zobrist, RF 2. Michael Young, 3B 3. Carl Crawford, LF 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Evan Longoria, 3B 4. Vladimir Guerrero, DH 5. Carlos Pena, 1B 5. Nelson Cruz, LF 6. B.J. Upton, CF 6. Ian Kinsler, 2B 7. Dan Johnson, DH 7. Jeff Francoeur, RF 8. Kelly Shoppach, C 8. Bengie Molina, C 9. Sean Rodriguez, 2B 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B
Both teams have made some changes compared to the Game 1 lineups. Texas has benched Jorge Cantu in favor of Mitch Moreland at first base. Tampa Bay has replaced Rocco Baldelli with Dan Johnson at designated hitter while moving Ben Zobrist into the No. 2 spot and sliding B.J. Upton back into the No. 6 spot.
Josh Hamilton and Moreland are the only left-handed batters in the lineup against lefty David Price, while lefty bats Carl Crawford, Carlos Pena, and Johnson are in there versus southpaw Cliff Lee.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8