Oct 12, 2010, 4:16 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for tonight’s Game 5 of the ALDS:
TAMPA BAY RAYS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Jason Bartlett, SS 1. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Ben Zobrist, RF 2. Michael Young, 3B 3. Carl Crawford, LF 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Evan Longoria, 3B 4. Vladimir Guerrero, DH 5. Carlos Pena, 1B 5. Nelson Cruz, LF 6. B.J. Upton, CF 6. Ian Kinsler, 2B 7. Dan Johnson, DH 7. Jeff Francoeur, RF 8. Kelly Shoppach, C 8. Bengie Molina, C 9. Sean Rodriguez, 2B 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B
Both teams have made some changes compared to the Game 1 lineups. Texas has benched Jorge Cantu in favor of Mitch Moreland at first base. Tampa Bay has replaced Rocco Baldelli with Dan Johnson at designated hitter while moving Ben Zobrist into the No. 2 spot and sliding B.J. Upton back into the No. 6 spot.
Josh Hamilton and Moreland are the only left-handed batters in the lineup against lefty David Price, while lefty bats Carl Crawford, Carlos Pena, and Johnson are in there versus southpaw Cliff Lee.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)