Oct 12, 2010, 2:01 PM EDT
At some point, there are so many Bobby Valentine rumors floating around that they become utterly meaningless. That point was probably back in June, actually.
But hey, we aim to be comprehensive around here, so we’d hate it if you didn’t know that Shannon Drayer ESPN radio in Seattle is reporting that Valentine “may
very well be the front-runner” for the Mariners’ managerial opening.
Psst: Shannon! Back in August, Valentine himself said that he didn’t think he was a good fit for Seatlle! That doesn’t mean your story is wrong, of course. It just means that if you’re right, you can add on “Bobby Valentine is a BS’ser of the first order” to whatever you report about his taking the gig.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)