Oct 12, 2010, 2:01 PM EST
At some point, there are so many Bobby Valentine rumors floating around that they become utterly meaningless. That point was probably back in June, actually.
But hey, we aim to be comprehensive around here, so we’d hate it if you didn’t know that Shannon Drayer ESPN radio in Seattle is reporting that Valentine “may
very well be the front-runner” for the Mariners’ managerial opening.
Psst: Shannon! Back in August, Valentine himself said that he didn’t think he was a good fit for Seatlle! That doesn’t mean your story is wrong, of course. It just means that if you’re right, you can add on “Bobby Valentine is a BS’ser of the first order” to whatever you report about his taking the gig.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 65
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 120
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 79
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- So Curt Schilling spent his evening arguing against the theory of evolution (165)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)