Oct 12, 2010, 2:01 PM EDT
At some point, there are so many Bobby Valentine rumors floating around that they become utterly meaningless. That point was probably back in June, actually.
But hey, we aim to be comprehensive around here, so we’d hate it if you didn’t know that Shannon Drayer ESPN radio in Seattle is reporting that Valentine “may
very well be the front-runner” for the Mariners’ managerial opening.
Psst: Shannon! Back in August, Valentine himself said that he didn’t think he was a good fit for Seatlle! That doesn’t mean your story is wrong, of course. It just means that if you’re right, you can add on “Bobby Valentine is a BS’ser of the first order” to whatever you report about his taking the gig.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 21
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)