Oct 12, 2010, 2:01 PM EST
At some point, there are so many Bobby Valentine rumors floating around that they become utterly meaningless. That point was probably back in June, actually.
But hey, we aim to be comprehensive around here, so we’d hate it if you didn’t know that Shannon Drayer ESPN radio in Seattle is reporting that Valentine “may
very well be the front-runner” for the Mariners’ managerial opening.
Psst: Shannon! Back in August, Valentine himself said that he didn’t think he was a good fit for Seatlle! That doesn’t mean your story is wrong, of course. It just means that if you’re right, you can add on “Bobby Valentine is a BS’ser of the first order” to whatever you report about his taking the gig.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 7
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 53
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)