Oct 12, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Game 5 between the Rangers and Rays is underway.
The Rangers just scratched across a run in the top of the first inning against David Price. Elvis Andrus led off with a single and stole second base on a strikeout to Michael Young. Then, in a brilliant display of baserunning, Andrus scored all the way from second base on a groundout by Josh Hamilton.
Carlos Pena fielded the grounder and flipped it to Price for the out at first base, but the left-hander had his back turned to home plate. Andrus kept an eye on how the play developed and never stopped running, giving the Rangers the early 1-0 advantage.
Jason Bartlett led off with a single of his own in the bottom of the first, but Cliff Lee was able to escape from the inning unscathed.
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 0
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)