Oct 12, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Game 5 between the Rangers and Rays is underway.
The Rangers just scratched across a run in the top of the first inning against David Price. Elvis Andrus led off with a single and stole second base on a strikeout to Michael Young. Then, in a brilliant display of baserunning, Andrus scored all the way from second base on a groundout by Josh Hamilton.
Carlos Pena fielded the grounder and flipped it to Price for the out at first base, but the left-hander had his back turned to home plate. Andrus kept an eye on how the play developed and never stopped running, giving the Rangers the early 1-0 advantage.
Jason Bartlett led off with a single of his own in the bottom of the first, but Cliff Lee was able to escape from the inning unscathed.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)