Oct 12, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Game 5 between the Rangers and Rays is underway.
The Rangers just scratched across a run in the top of the first inning against David Price. Elvis Andrus led off with a single and stole second base on a strikeout to Michael Young. Then, in a brilliant display of baserunning, Andrus scored all the way from second base on a groundout by Josh Hamilton.
Carlos Pena fielded the grounder and flipped it to Price for the out at first base, but the left-hander had his back turned to home plate. Andrus kept an eye on how the play developed and never stopped running, giving the Rangers the early 1-0 advantage.
Jason Bartlett led off with a single of his own in the bottom of the first, but Cliff Lee was able to escape from the inning unscathed.
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 26
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 16
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)