Oct 12, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Game 5 between the Rangers and Rays is underway.
The Rangers just scratched across a run in the top of the first inning against David Price. Elvis Andrus led off with a single and stole second base on a strikeout to Michael Young. Then, in a brilliant display of baserunning, Andrus scored all the way from second base on a groundout by Josh Hamilton.
Carlos Pena fielded the grounder and flipped it to Price for the out at first base, but the left-hander had his back turned to home plate. Andrus kept an eye on how the play developed and never stopped running, giving the Rangers the early 1-0 advantage.
Jason Bartlett led off with a single of his own in the bottom of the first, but Cliff Lee was able to escape from the inning unscathed.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)