Oct 12, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
You’ll recall that Roberto Alomar made the news last week. Now ESPN’s The File blog has a copy of the divorce petition filed by Roberto Alomar’s wife (link goes to pdf file).
The interesting stuff begins at paragraph 19, where Alomar’s wife claims that, despite knowing he had HIV, Alomar “intentionally and in total disregard for the emotional and physical well-being of [his wife], continued to engage in sexual conduct with her.” She claims that Alomar lied about his status, telling her that he was clean. She found out, she alleges, when she found HIV medication.
One point of clarification, because I got this wrong last week: Alomar’s wife has not contracted HIV. As she alleges, however, there can be a delay of onset, but as of now she’s testing negative.
There is nothing new in this report since last week, but seeing it in a sworn complaint like this does strike one a bit differently than merely seeing a news report.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)