Oct 12, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
You’ll recall that Roberto Alomar made the news last week. Now ESPN’s The File blog has a copy of the divorce petition filed by Roberto Alomar’s wife (link goes to pdf file).
The interesting stuff begins at paragraph 19, where Alomar’s wife claims that, despite knowing he had HIV, Alomar “intentionally and in total disregard for the emotional and physical well-being of [his wife], continued to engage in sexual conduct with her.” She claims that Alomar lied about his status, telling her that he was clean. She found out, she alleges, when she found HIV medication.
One point of clarification, because I got this wrong last week: Alomar’s wife has not contracted HIV. As she alleges, however, there can be a delay of onset, but as of now she’s testing negative.
There is nothing new in this report since last week, but seeing it in a sworn complaint like this does strike one a bit differently than merely seeing a news report.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 11
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)