Oct 12, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
You’ll recall that Roberto Alomar made the news last week. Now ESPN’s The File blog has a copy of the divorce petition filed by Roberto Alomar’s wife (link goes to pdf file).
The interesting stuff begins at paragraph 19, where Alomar’s wife claims that, despite knowing he had HIV, Alomar “intentionally and in total disregard for the emotional and physical well-being of [his wife], continued to engage in sexual conduct with her.” She claims that Alomar lied about his status, telling her that he was clean. She found out, she alleges, when she found HIV medication.
One point of clarification, because I got this wrong last week: Alomar’s wife has not contracted HIV. As she alleges, however, there can be a delay of onset, but as of now she’s testing negative.
There is nothing new in this report since last week, but seeing it in a sworn complaint like this does strike one a bit differently than merely seeing a news report.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 0
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 16
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 50
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 62
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 30
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)