Oct 12, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
You’ll recall that Roberto Alomar made the news last week. Now ESPN’s The File blog has a copy of the divorce petition filed by Roberto Alomar’s wife (link goes to pdf file).
The interesting stuff begins at paragraph 19, where Alomar’s wife claims that, despite knowing he had HIV, Alomar “intentionally and in total disregard for the emotional and physical well-being of [his wife], continued to engage in sexual conduct with her.” She claims that Alomar lied about his status, telling her that he was clean. She found out, she alleges, when she found HIV medication.
One point of clarification, because I got this wrong last week: Alomar’s wife has not contracted HIV. As she alleges, however, there can be a delay of onset, but as of now she’s testing negative.
There is nothing new in this report since last week, but seeing it in a sworn complaint like this does strike one a bit differently than merely seeing a news report.
- One PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is good. The other PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is bad 29
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)