Oct 12, 2010, 1:01 PM EDT
I the article, Jim Edmonds says “I’m done,” but that’s referring to the season. Would he still consider playing in 2011? “I’ll have to ask the wife about
that,” Edmonds said.
He also said that the idea of coming back would be more appealing if he could be a backup first baseman
somewhere. He said he’d “take a wait and see approach.” His GM — Walk Jocketty — said that he sounds like he wants to come back. But he also talks about how much pain he was during the season and how he didn’t enjoy being away from his family.
I suppose he really doesn’t know what he’s doing yet. I question, though, whether anyone is really going to give him an opportunity next year. It was one thing for a rested Jim Edmonds to return after a year off. But with the injuries he suffered this year? Really, who wants to take that chance?
I mean, sure, even with the messed up leg he would have been the first bat off the bench for the Braves during the NLDS — heck he may have gotten the start in left! — but most teams aren’t as desperate for warm bodies as that. No matter how good they used to be.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 7
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 33
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 30
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (193)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)