Oct 12, 2010, 1:01 PM EDT
I the article, Jim Edmonds says “I’m done,” but that’s referring to the season. Would he still consider playing in 2011? “I’ll have to ask the wife about
that,” Edmonds said.
He also said that the idea of coming back would be more appealing if he could be a backup first baseman
somewhere. He said he’d “take a wait and see approach.” His GM — Walk Jocketty — said that he sounds like he wants to come back. But he also talks about how much pain he was during the season and how he didn’t enjoy being away from his family.
I suppose he really doesn’t know what he’s doing yet. I question, though, whether anyone is really going to give him an opportunity next year. It was one thing for a rested Jim Edmonds to return after a year off. But with the injuries he suffered this year? Really, who wants to take that chance?
I mean, sure, even with the messed up leg he would have been the first bat off the bench for the Braves during the NLDS — heck he may have gotten the start in left! — but most teams aren’t as desperate for warm bodies as that. No matter how good they used to be.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 5
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 99
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (99)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1