Oct 12, 2010, 1:01 PM EST
I the article, Jim Edmonds says “I’m done,” but that’s referring to the season. Would he still consider playing in 2011? “I’ll have to ask the wife about
that,” Edmonds said.
He also said that the idea of coming back would be more appealing if he could be a backup first baseman
somewhere. He said he’d “take a wait and see approach.” His GM — Walk Jocketty — said that he sounds like he wants to come back. But he also talks about how much pain he was during the season and how he didn’t enjoy being away from his family.
I suppose he really doesn’t know what he’s doing yet. I question, though, whether anyone is really going to give him an opportunity next year. It was one thing for a rested Jim Edmonds to return after a year off. But with the injuries he suffered this year? Really, who wants to take that chance?
I mean, sure, even with the messed up leg he would have been the first bat off the bench for the Braves during the NLDS — heck he may have gotten the start in left! — but most teams aren’t as desperate for warm bodies as that. No matter how good they used to be.
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 3
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 344
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (344)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Report: Josh Hamilton could get a suspension of “at least 25 games” (71)