Oct 12, 2010, 3:18 PM EDT
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that assistant general manager Logan White has agreed to a new contract with the Dodgers and will remain in the same role unless he’s hired to be another team’s general manager.
White is scheduled to interview for the Mets’ general manager opening, but the assumption is that Sandy Alderson will eventually land the job. White previously interviewed with the Diamondbacks last month before they chose Kevin Towers as their new GM.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 23
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 3
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 17
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 47
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 37
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 50
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)