Oct 12, 2010, 9:35 PM EDT
Wild sequence in the top of the fourth inning.
Nelson Cruz didn’t hustle out of the batter’s box on a fly ball to distant left center field, only to see the ball hit off the wall and roll around on the warning track. Cruz should have been standing on third base, but because he was too busy admiring his handiwork, he was only able to make it to second.
Surprising everyone, Cruz then stole third base — with two outs, mind you — and Kelly Shoppach airmailed the throw into left field, allowing him to score. Shoppach could be punching his ticket out of town tonight, by the way.
And, oh boy, Cliff Lee struck out the side in the bottom of the fourth inning. It’s currently 2-1 as we move to the top of the fifth inning.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 99
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 2
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)