Oct 12, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Tony La Russa has not yet made a decision on whether he’ll return as the Cardinals’ manager in 2011.
According to Goold the Cardinals “made a formal offer last week” and La Russa previously indicated that he’d have an answer by early this week, but at this point there’s no timetable for an official announcement.
The assumption seems to be that La Russa will come back, with Goold noting that he “has given several indications that he would return unless hearing something from the front office about management’s approach or the makeup of his coaching staff that changed his mind.”
If he does return, expect plenty of questions about whether or not he can co-exist with center fielder Colby Rasmus after the pair reportedly had several disputes during the season.
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 38
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)