Oct 12, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Tony La Russa has not yet made a decision on whether he’ll return as the Cardinals’ manager in 2011.
According to Goold the Cardinals “made a formal offer last week” and La Russa previously indicated that he’d have an answer by early this week, but at this point there’s no timetable for an official announcement.
The assumption seems to be that La Russa will come back, with Goold noting that he “has given several indications that he would return unless hearing something from the front office about management’s approach or the makeup of his coaching staff that changed his mind.”
If he does return, expect plenty of questions about whether or not he can co-exist with center fielder Colby Rasmus after the pair reportedly had several disputes during the season.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 18
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)