Oct 12, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Tony La Russa has not yet made a decision on whether he’ll return as the Cardinals’ manager in 2011.
According to Goold the Cardinals “made a formal offer last week” and La Russa previously indicated that he’d have an answer by early this week, but at this point there’s no timetable for an official announcement.
The assumption seems to be that La Russa will come back, with Goold noting that he “has given several indications that he would return unless hearing something from the front office about management’s approach or the makeup of his coaching staff that changed his mind.”
If he does return, expect plenty of questions about whether or not he can co-exist with center fielder Colby Rasmus after the pair reportedly had several disputes during the season.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20