Oct 12, 2010, 1:46 PM EST
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Tony La Russa has not yet made a decision on whether he’ll return as the Cardinals’ manager in 2011.
According to Goold the Cardinals “made a formal offer last week” and La Russa previously indicated that he’d have an answer by early this week, but at this point there’s no timetable for an official announcement.
The assumption seems to be that La Russa will come back, with Goold noting that he “has given several indications that he would return unless hearing something from the front office about management’s approach or the makeup of his coaching staff that changed his mind.”
If he does return, expect plenty of questions about whether or not he can co-exist with center fielder Colby Rasmus after the pair reportedly had several disputes during the season.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 39
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 89
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)